• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG ZS EV (2022, Facelift) and OVMS

ttjaden

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I have a MG ZS EV (2022, Facelift) as Standard Comfort. The car is located in Germany. I ordered an OVMS and successfully configured all things. The dexter-server is used.

But while testing in the car, the main display (in front of the steering wheel did go out). That was spooky!
And also only GPS location was correctly transfered to server. All other values (e.g. SOC) were 0, see
1652121461636.png

Question: Is the Firmware (3.3.002) and configuration (MG EV (UK/EU)) only possible for the "before facelift" models? Or is there another issue or setting I missed? Which log file could help?

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto_20220509-203638.png
    Bildschirmfoto_20220509-203638.png
    17.1 KB · Views: 149
Did you check first whether all the PID data is available for the facelift? I don’t think it is and only the pre facelift is supported. Much of the PID decoding was figured out by a guy in the UK midlands who is experiencing of doing so with the automotive industry and this only occurred once he purchased the ZS.

I will try to find out the PIDs

I had OVMS for the Mk1. I very much missed it as soon as I upgraded to the Mk2 MY22.

I asked around, googled for it, and it looked like no one had put any effort into it. This thread (and a similar thread elsewhere) were they only indications that anyone even was interested in it.

Long story short: I did some reverse engineering and found that some of the ECU IDs changed compared to Mk1. Most of the PIDs remained the same however.

I found someone who had the development toolchain already set up, and was nice enough to compile a version for me that now works in my Mk2.

Not everything is working yet, but the things I need most are: being able to see SOC, SOH, HV battery Voltage, 12V battery voltage and Range, and to integrate those via MQTT into Home Assistant.

Conclusion:
OVMS works for the Mk2 (Australian version)
It will need more development work before it can become available as a vehicle selection in the publicly available OVMS version.

If anyone is keen to put some effort into taking this topic further, I am happy to pass on what I learned about reverse engineering, and put people in contact with each other.

If there is no big interest, I don't mind remaining quite likely the only person in the world who uses OVMS with a Mk2 ZS EV.

If there is no big interest,
I'm sure there is, or will be. Just a shortage of people wanting to put in the work to make it happen, or having the skills and equipment needed.

I suspect that the Mark 1 attracted many of the early adopters, who tend to be the ones with those skills and equipment.

@Peter WA : Did you hand over the research you did to the guys in the slack channel? I could somehow be a beta tester with an ZS EV 2022 (European Model)

Facelift MG ZS should now be supported, and MG5 is partially supported see

Big thanks to @GreyPeter
Do you still need to contact the IOS guy with images?

Glyn reached out to the iOS guy with the original ZS images to get them applied. Probably the last time the app was updated!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom