MG ZS EV emergency stopping while driving

Carlalm83

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi everyone, we bought a new MG ZS EV last week and having problems with it, just wondering if anyone can relate?
We picked it up on Thursday but on Saturday I was driving at 30 MPH and the car did some sort of emergency stop with a flashing warning sign saying HPV Battery disconnected. After calling the car garage he told us to turn off some of the sensors but it has happened again today when I was driving at 20 MPH (but no HPV Battery disconnected sign this time) lucky both times no one was behind me.
We are waiting for the car garage to call us back when they speak to the technical team at MG. Has anyone experienced this?

I guess the the sensors they told you to turn off were for collision avoidance etc. unfortunately they default back to on when you turn the car on again so you would have to turn them off every time you start the car or adapt your driving style to avoid triggering them.
The HV battery warning is a bit worrying though, it has nothing to do with the collision avoidance system so it may be a totally different problem, which does need going back to the dealer if that reoccurs.

Hi everyone, we bought a new MG ZS EV last week and having problems with it, just wondering if anyone can relate?
We picked it up on Thursday but on Saturday I was driving at 30 MPH and the car did some sort of emergency stop with a flashing warning sign saying HPV Battery disconnected. After calling the car garage he told us to turn off some of the sensors but it has happened again today when I was driving at 20 MPH (but no HPV Battery disconnected sign this time) lucky both times no one was behind me.
We are waiting for the car garage to call us back when they speak to the technical team at MG. Has anyone experienced this?
What are the exact circumstances when this happened? The car has quite sophisticated collision avoidance systems - were you approaching any obstacles, or could it have reacted to the situation that you were in - could you replicate it? If the answer is no and it just happened with no outside reason and just stopped then there is a fault somewhere. The battery disconnected warning does suggest a different issue. Best get the dealer to check it over and test drive it too. I hope that you sort it out 🙂

Interestingly, driving along this afternoon and I heard a loud beep. Glanced at the info panel and it popped up a collision avoidance warning despite there being nothing in front of the car that I could see!

I had simular problem with all different warnings coming up, stopped got out walked round car opening and shutting doors, opened boot and a piece of plastic bag was between the boot lid and the catch, it looked shut, I removed said piece of plastic and all had been OK since, except this morning got a speeding fine 49 in a 40 mile zone, its so quiet and fast its easily done.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom