MG ZS EV Facelift first impression.

Lovemyev

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I just picked up on this on the ZS EV ( Gen 2 ) 72 kwh model, that some may find interesting.
Unable to tell if it has rear seating interior lights.
The glass does not look tinted to me ?.
No apparent sign of a heat pump :( .
Nice to see a third rear head rest & arm rest in the rear seat.
The info screen looks a lot more responsive :giggle:.

Wow how did he get to see one!?
I didn't appreciate the front end/grill until seeing it now, it really is one complete piece.

Another one here:

I grabbed a few screen shots:
It's a manual rear view mirror.
The front usb charging area has an open bit to the passengers side but not drivers side.
Shot of new "engine" bay, need an old photo to compare it to.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 21.47.42.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 21.47.42.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 156
  • Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 21.47.22.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 21.47.22.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 161
  • Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 21.46.20.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 21.46.20.png
    98.5 KB · Views: 146
  • Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 21.45.10.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 21.45.10.png
    536.7 KB · Views: 153
  • Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 21.58.37.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 21.58.37.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 158
  • Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 21.56.59.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 21.56.59.png
    70.4 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
In this one you can see the Marvel and the ZS, it is very easy to see the tinted rear windows on the marvel but doesn't look like they're there on the ZS.

Wow how did he get to see one!?
I didn't appreciate the front end/grill until seeing it now, it really is one complete piece.

Another one here:

I grabbed a few screen shots:
It's a manual rear view mirror.
The front usb charging area has an open bit to the passengers side but not drivers side.
Shot of new "engine" bay, need an old photo to compare it to.

Thanks for posting the link @JodyS21 .
I will keep my eye’s open, as the guy has promised to post a “Test Drive” video ASAP.
The charging port is a big improvement and the dash panel and info unit also.
I do have a small concern over how much the extra weight of the 72 kWh battery will make on the performance though ?.
It does look like many of the issues raised on the Gen1 model, have been address to be fair.

Can't see much difference under the bonnet, though it does have a new motor.
Thanks for posting the link @JodyS21 .
I will keep my eye’s open, as the guy has promised to post a “Test Drive” video ASAP.
The charging port is a big improvement and the dash panel and info unit also.
I do have a small concern over how much the extra weight of the 72 kWh battery will make on the performance though ?.
It does look like many of the issues raised on the Gen1 model, have been address to be fair.
Demos should start arriving at UK Dealers sometime in November, so not too long to wait to test it yourself. :) I like the look of the new front and the infotainment looks a lot better (couldn't get much worse I suppose!!), look forward to seeing it in the metal and having a test drive. If the EU brochure is correct then the torque is down from the current 350nm to 280nm, though the motor is more powerful, be interesting to see if you can notice much difference from the current model.

Can't see much difference under the bonnet, though it does have a new motor.

Demos should start arriving at UK Dealers sometime in November, so not too long to wait to test it yourself. :) I like the look of the new front and the infotainment looks a lot better (couldn't get much worse I suppose!!), look forward to seeing it in the metal and having a test drive. If the EU brochure is correct then the torque is down from the current 350nm to 280nm, though the motor is more powerful, be interesting to see if you can notice much difference from the current model.
It's quite a funky looking thing and I'm wondering if MG are looking at a similar 'owner/consumer' that would have bought a SAAB previously?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom