MG ZS EV Facelift - Have you ordered?

Yep upgrading. I ordered a silver trophy.

Connect is not suitable for me, already got all features on phone to use on android auto and got amazon prime too.

Were you given a delivery date?

Possibly January delivery. I am not totally fussed on the connect having just discovered they all have OTA. Having said that I don’t want to mess about with sat nav update. Delivery date will decide exact model and colour.

I'm having the connect as the significant others of the household found that the unlimited music streaming was the only thing they liked about the Tesla M3 that I had the use of for six weeks.

I have prime delivery as a family share and Amazon Music on a single device, i.e the poor man's subscription, so couldn't use it in a car. I'm assuming that the Connect package is a one-off fee for the entire ownership of the vehicle, or at least 4-5 years.

I also didn't want to rely on CarPlay and Waze like I did in my now gone Outlander, and now make good use of the Stellantis live services such as TomTom traffic with the inbuilt SatNav in my current vehicle.

It is difficult to find anything official as to what you get for your additional £500...

Ordered a Trophy Connect in blue. The order process was difficult to say the least, the system crashed three times. So finally had to leave to get to work. Thought I would have had an email from the dealer the say the finance had gone through and if the car had be ordered, but so far nothing. Not a great start to my MG experience.

I DO have the Trophy model under some serious consideration.
I have the previous ZS EV Exclusive in Dynamic Red.
I want to retain the the features of the Exclusive ( Pan Roof etc ) and I have seen the ICE model face lift model finished in Battersea blue, and my wife is very taken by this colour.
This helps with justifying the sale our previous model of course !.
The iconnect is a feature that I am very unlikely to use, to be totally honest.
Delivery dates are EXPECTED to be around March 2022.
But thoughts are suggesting around mid to late January 2022 for some early ordering customers.
I am not really interested in the new number plate released in March.
I stopped chasing that rainbow many years ago, when I purchased a low cost private plate.
A car purchased in Jan 2022 and March 2022 have little affect on the value at the time of sale.
Only the public buys cars on their number plate ident.
Dealers will mainly value a car on it's first date of registration and not on the plate number / year ident.

Thought I would have had an email from the dealer the say the finance had gone through and if the car had be ordered, but so far nothing.

Typical car dealer, rarely do they appreciate how important the flow of information is, back to the customer...

But thoughts are suggesting around mid to late January 2022 for some early ordering customers.
I am not really interested in the new number plate released in March.

What leads you to suspect January, may I ask?

I will be purchasing outright, so the option to sell to another member of the public however many years down the line can only be improved with the newer plate (I would hope!).

I have ordered mine, a Trophy Connect in red, paid deposit. It was a very easy process, not many questions to ask because basically, we know as much as they do about the car. I think they are due in February so will probably wait until March.

We had a HS PHEV ordered in early July. It was supposed to be delivered late Sept-early Oct. That had been pushed back to late Nov now. In the meantime, MG release the new ZS which addresses most of the reasons we didn't go for the ZS in the first place.

Dealer happy to change the order to black trophy-connect but now says he can't process any paperwork for now but will be in touch as soon as he is able to. Saying he estimates delivery for April.

I put a refundable deposit on a Battersea blue Trophy Connect but am going to cancel that as I no longer consider the total package to be consistent with alternative current offerings.

😥

I put a refundable deposit on a Battersea blue Trophy Connect but am going to cancel that as I no longer consider the total package to be consistent with alternative current offerings.

😥
Please expand on this change of heart ?.
Just wait for the deluge of comments heading your way soon @JimB ;) .

I don't care about any deluge of comments here.

I have decided that, following too many wasted hours of research, however attractive the current offering may appear to be that it is a tarted up last generation electric vehicle which generates, on this forum alone, even today only, countless complaints relating to a large number of issues.

It doesn't matter to me how happy some may be with their examples, I'm not prepared to take the risk.

My Outlander phev remains faultless so I think we'll keep that and trade in swmbo's Skoda for an Ora Cat GT or something similar.

Specs much more in common with expectations of a modern bev.

In my opinion.

Last edited:

I have decided that, following too many wasted hours of research, however attractive the current offering may appear to be that it is a tarted up last generation electric vehicle which generates, on this forum alone, even today only, countless complaints relating to a large number of issues.

It doesn't matter to me how happy some may be with their examples, I'm not prepared to take the risk.

My Outlander phev remains faultless so I think we'll keep that and trade in swmbo's Skoda for an Ora Cat GT or something similar.

In my opinion.
I'm curious myself here. I'm coming from a 40kw n-connecta leaf so quite a well-equipped car. I was quite frustrated at other options for regular manufacturers, and even considered a longer range leaf or just keeping the existing car. Tesla ended up being the only other option outside of MG but it would cost 3 grand to put the Mrs on the insurance.

the old zs ev was too limited for our needs but the only things missing that I would like to have on the new one are a heated steering wheel, heated rear seats, electric seats with a memory function, electric tailgate, and rear tinted windows. the only major one of those for me is the heated wheel, but it's not a deal-breaker now we can remotely heat the car.

The ZS EV needs press cars shipped to some of the throughly YouTube reviewers, if they haven’t received one yet. Teslabjørn was brutally honest about the software in the SAIC made Maxus Euniq 5 in recent range test, but the Maxus have been on sale for some time. My local dealer have one facelift ZS EV in stock for test drive so apparently MG has prioritized to get the first samples out to the dealers here in Norway. I have just been a bit hesitant to book it because of other priorities at the moment, and no rush to replace existing car.

In my opinion.
Well said 👍

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom