• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG ZS EV headlights out of adjustment from new - Anyone else?

Laurence Brown

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I have just realised why my dipped, but especially me main beam is so naff. The nearside light is pointing into the left kerb, and up into the trees and hedges. Absolutely not point at the road ahead - where all I have is essentially a black triangle in the road 10m+ ahead. I understand the need for a nearside emphasis so as not to dazzle, but I am constantly driving into a black hole just ahead of me.
It's not just because the car behind lights are brighter, ie, not my own shadow.

I changed the bulbs to PIAA Hyper Arros a couple of weeks ago. The are indeed brighter and less yellow, but I def see now how out of alignment they are now
It's booked in Wednesday for checking.
  • Has anyone else noticed this please?

I have just realised why my dipped, but especially me main beam is so naff. The nearside light is pointing into the left kerb, and up into the trees and hedges. Absolutely not point at the road ahead - where all I have is essentially a black triangle in the road 10m+ ahead. I understand the need for a nearside emphasis so as not to dazzle, but I am constantly driving into a black hole just ahead of me.
It's not just because the car behind lights are brighter, ie, not my own shadow.

I changed the bulbs to PIAA Hyper Arros a couple of weeks ago. The are indeed brighter and less yellow, but I def see now how out of alignment they are now
It's booked in Wednesday for checking.
  • Has anyone else noticed this please?

Sounds like the new bulb may not be seated correctly.

Hi
I have an Mg5 LR
One head lamp was shining higher than the other
I took it into the supplying dealer and they set it to mot standard
Both lights are level (passenger side was low)
Ian
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

My passenger headlight is slightly low and left which also gives me a darker spot in the middle, there must be an adjustment screw somewhere that just needs a quick tweak, i simply point my cars at my garage door to set them up

Yes - had exact same problem. Told the dealer when it went in for first checkup but they didnt seem to see it. We tried stronger globes but still have never been happy with the spread or power of the beams. Our 11 year old Subaru is our ’night-time’ car unfortunately, particularly as we are in a rural area with a lot of hopping wildlife.

Ah - conspiracy theory… you could be right! Always thought it was weird they weren’t LEDS in the first place.
The units work the same as my OEM LED Prius headlights did, a single light source with a shutter to deflect half the light to dip beam. The difference is the Prius lamps had a multiple array of LEDs built in and the ZS has removable bulbs. Both have projector beam lenses.

The units work the same as my OEM LED Prius headlights did, a single light source with a shutter to deflect half the light to dip beam. The difference is the Prius lamps had a multiple array of LEDs built in and the ZS has removable bulbs. Both have projector beam lenses.
How did you find them?

How did you find them?
Easy, I walked round the front of the car and there they were. :D
Seriously though, they were great, clear cutoff and a good penetration distance on dip, main beam was ok but IMO not as good a distance as Halogens.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom