MG ZS EV infotainment firmware update SA0020 released 15/6/21

MG ZS EV WEST YORKSHIRE

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
For those ZS EV owners who have not yet had the SA0020 infotainment firmware update that was released 15/6/21 to reduce lag and improve responsiveness this is a minute long video after the update was applied to my head unit (I don’t mean to bore you). I reset the unit by keeping my finger on the home button as I wanted to show you the time it took to boot up and then show examples on navigating around the infotainment system whilst changing the heater settings to demonstrate responsiveness. I hope this helps:) — in West Yorkshire.

For those ZS EV owners who have not yet had the SA0020 infotainment firmware update that was released 15/6/21 to reduce lag and improve responsiveness this is a minute long video after the update was applied to my head unit (I don’t mean to bore you). I reset the unit by keeping my finger on the home button as I wanted to show you the time it took to boot up and then show examples on navigating around the infotainment system whilst changing the heater settings to demonstrate responsiveness. I hope this helps:) — in West Yorkshire.

Useful thanks.
Doesn't really look like it reacts any quicker to the HVAC controls :(

It's done via the USB, so in theory you could DIY but where would you get the file ?
Miles Roberts of the Chorley Group, said he has successfully downloaded the update file onto a USB stick, but said he would NOT carry out the update himself, but would hand his wife's ZS EV to the workshop to carry out the work.
Enough said !.
I think the main aim the MG 020 software update was intended to cure the info unit from freezing / crashing to the black screen that some ( more than others ) have witnessed.

I think it is. Mine had this update on its first service last Monday and TBH it doesn't seem any different, but I never had the screen freeze on me before the update.

I'm still on the old BMS 455v, It wont charge unless the car is locked. My screen has never froze either, It's a bit laggy but works OK, My first service isn't until next January so we shall have to wait and see what the MG dealership does, I'm hoping they do nothing as the car is working perfectly.

I noticed a "HELP" button on one of the settings menus which gives a guide with high res display, was that there before the update, can't say I noticed it ?

how to check current firmware ?

Shame it doesn't speed up the air con screen pop up. Whoever designed it needs a slap.
I might be imagining it but it does seem to appear slightly quicker after the update but it also seems to disappear quicker as well. 😟

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom