• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG ZS EV problems since last firmware update for OVMS reading car data

PhilGS

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi.
Since a recent firmware update on OVMS my device has not been reading the data from the car and the screen on the app seems to freeze.

I have tried several factory resets and the unit works for a few minutes and displays the correct mileage and the battery state of charge. After a short while the data on the app screen remains unchanged even after the car has been driven. I notice I do not get any 12v battery data.
All used to work ok prior to the firmware update.

Have any other OVMS users had this experience on their MG ZS EV?

Phil

I have an MG ZS EV 2021. I have updated to 3.2.0.18 from 3.2.0.17 last weekend and experienced no problem whatsoever.

Attachments

• 0ED4561C-9C90-4FE7-9044-87B2EE2BAC51.png
    0ED4561C-9C90-4FE7-9044-87B2EE2BAC51.png
    957.6 KB · Views: 249
I have tried Open Vehicles support from whom I bought the module but after trying several things were unable to help and said they do not write the software for each of the different motor manufacturers to read the data from the cars. They suggested that I try this forum. It seems there is nowhere to go for support on this problem. I have a module that cost close to £200 which is now not unusable since the firmware upgrade.
It is likely to be something in the settings but I am not technically minded enough to be able to work this out.

I just got my OVMS and installed it into my car about a week ago.
I have this same issue. The charge status only updates once every few days which is useless.

I've opened a support ticket, let's see what they come back with.

It’s a community project. Mine went and did some very odd things last October. Format the unit and try a full an initio setup.

Hello!

I'm new here and also a new owner of a MG ZS EV 2021. I've read everywhere here how people can update their firmware and even downgrade it and my question is how do you do that? is there a tutorial or do I need an app? there is no way to connect my car to the internet and look for an update as I would have expected so I guess is done in some other way.

Thanks in advance :)

Hello!

I'm new here and also a new owner of a MG ZS EV 2021. I've read everywhere here how people can update their firmware and even downgrade it and my question is how do you do that? is there a tutorial or do I need an app? there is no way to connect my car to the internet and look for an update as I would have expected so I guess is done in some other way.

Thanks in advance :)
We are talking about OVMS firmware, that is a device one can plug into the car for remote data access. It’s not about the car firmware. Only the dealer can do that.

If you are interested, check here:

I just got my OVMS and installed it into my car about a week ago.
I have this same issue. The charge status only updates once every few days which is useless.

I've opened a support ticket, let's see what they come back with.
Hi Hade,

I've had this issue for several month also despite changing to different firmwares and rebuilding the config.

Have you been able to resolve the issue?

Thanks

Jason

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom