MG ZS EV Trophy Connect First Impressions.

Maitland Kelly

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I've had my MG ZS for just over two months. I've really enjoyed driving it. Comfortable car, lovely to drive. Really pleased I bought it.

However, I have a number of issues. Hate the fact the charge port is at the front of the car. The car mists up very quickly inside. I continually have warning lights coming up and disappearing. At the minute I have two that are now on constantly;

Auto emergency braking system unavailable, and Forward collision system unavailable.

My daughter who has a Black ZS EV Trophy loves her car as well. However, she's beaten me. She has about every warning light on the car, and none of them will go off. A month before the dealer can get the car in, and a £12 charge for the courtesy car for the day.

Hopefully, the dealer will get to the bottom of the issues.

My daughter who has a Black ZS EV Trophy loves her car as well. However, she's beaten me. She has about every warning light on the car, and none of them will go off. A month before the dealer can get the car in, and a £12 charge for the courtesy car for the day.
This where I would call mg assist say I fill it's unsafe to drive they will transport it and sort a car for you if your away from home?

Sounds like a front camera issue! Give the windscreen a good clean Infront of the camera also I would use the Aircon a bit more as it can get steamed up.I have had the same issue this week with the cold mornings and a good clean and blasts of Aircon to the screen has sorted it.

Just had same warnings on my TCLR. Cleaned the windcreen around the camera and cleared thin film of road grime off the front radar square - now all ok.

Is it camera was thinking that front collision was a radar thing ?
Think it uses both like I said I had the same messages and cleaning the area around the top camera seemed to sort it unless it was pure coincidence it cured itself.

Thank you for the replies. Jumped in the car this morning after cleaning all the areas in question. Warning lights still on. Adaptive cruise control not working. After half an hour, it all cleared. I've noticed that before these warnings the MG wouldn't move until my seat belt was on. It now moves without the seat belt being engaged. Indicative of another wider problem?

I'm now feeling really sorry for my daughter. All warning lights are permanently on. Cruise doesn't work, cameras don't work. Car now not locking, and intruder warning just activated outside her work, with the alarm going off.

She's not happy 😒

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom