• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG ZS EV Trophy in hot weather

MellyW

Standard Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to leave the Windows slightly open and lock the car to keep it cool whilst parked in hot weather? I tried this with my ZS Trophy and got a beep to say it wasn't shut.

You can definitely leave the sunroof open and the alarm doesn’t go off.

ZS EV and the MG5 has no internal alarm monitoring when the car is locked.
The alarm is only triggered when one of the doors / hatch / bonnet is opened, when armed.
You can leave the windows slightly open and the sun roof tilted on the ZS ( until they remove it altogether next year ).
This is great if you are carrying animals and just need to pop in to pay for something really quickly.

Next week it'll be hitting over 30 degrees in some parts, so would be good to know what you all think of the cabin pre-cooling feature.

Next week it'll be hitting over 30 degrees in some parts, so would be good to know what you all think of the cabin pre-cooling feature.
Used air con via app for first time couple of days ago and car was nice and chilled when getting in, only put it on for 5 minutes before I was due to get in. Added bonus, if you get sidetracked it automatically cuts out after 10 minutes.

Used air con via app for first time couple of days ago and car was nice and chilled when getting in, only put it on for 5 minutes before I was due to get in. Added bonus, if you get sidetracked it automatically cuts out after 10 minutes.
Good to know, thanks! My concern was the faux leather interior on hot days, and I'd been wondering whether the pre-cooling worked well enough for that not to be an issue.

Good to know, thanks! My concern was the faux leather interior on hot days, and I'd been wondering whether the pre-cooling worked well enough for that not to be an issue.
Yes - Only after a short while of use, the car feels great to enter in the hot weather !.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom