• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Mg zs ev trophy long range ismart set up

MellyW

Standard Member
Reaction score
I've just purchased the new zs long range trophy. It is not .the connect version. I have tried to register the ismart app on my phone and have got as far as clicking bonding but although the QI scan window comes up on my phone there is no QI on the car screen. How do I find this or is ismart only available on the Trophy connect. No instructions s oif anyone could tell how to connect I would be grateful

I've just purchased the new zs long range trophy. It is not .the connect version. I have tried to register the ismart app on my phone and have got as far as clicking bonding but although the QI scan window comes up on my phone there is no QI on the car screen. How do I find this or is ismart only available on the Trophy connect. No instructions s oif anyone could tell how to connect I would be grateful
Jump to 31:05 in this video - they show the QR codes on the car's infotainment display (admittedly this is the connect model). iSmart Lite should be available for non-connect models but no idea if this is the same app or not 🤷‍♂️

This subject was covered on the Monday night pod cast.
Owners having problems getting the system to recognise their phone numbers.
Miles had said some owners had not been dropping the zero at the beginning of their phone number, because it’s a +44 as in a international number.
He said you could also use your e.mail address to sign in.

This subject was covered on the Monday night pod cast.
Owners having problems getting the system to recognise their phone numbers.
Miles had said some owners had not been dropping the zero at the beginning of their phone number, because it’s a +44 as in a international number.
He said you could also use your e.mail address to sign in.
It was me who asked the question Monday. Putting the correct phone number gives the required code but then asks you to bind the car to the phone. A QR code reader comes up on the phone but no QR code on the car for it to read. There also doesn't appear to be any voice control. The MG spec definitely states there is ismart on all models although limited on the non connect ones. Pity there is not manual. I have the Trophy ( non connect model)

It was me who asked the question Monday. Putting the correct phone number gives the required code but then asks you to bind the car to the phone. A QR code reader comes up on the phone but no QR code on the car for it to read. There also doesn't appear to be any voice control. The MG spec definitely states there is ismart on all models although limited on the non connect ones. Pity there is not manual. I have the Trophy ( non connect model)
You may be able to find a manual for ismart here. You need your vin number.

I've also taken delivery of a Trophy Connect and I am unable to get the QR to show on the car screen and that is needed to authenticate the effort to bind the car to the iSmart app. Have you had any joy in solving the problem?

I've just set up my Non Connect Trophy with the ismart app. Not sure if it makes a difference but I plugged my phone in with the USB, went to settings, then bind, it showed a QR code and connected. Now working as advertised (if a little slow at first). Not sure if this is the official process but it's what I did and it works. Could have had an update recently too I guess.

Just a tip when inputting your email on the app itself, the app uses its own keyboard and the full stop is the one near the space bar, not half way up. They look very similar.

I've just set up my Non Connect Trophy with the ismart app. Not sure if it makes a difference but I plugged my phone in with the USB, went to settings, then bind, it showed a QR code and connected. Now working as advertised (if a little slow at first). Not sure if this is the official process but it's what I did and it works. Could have had an update recently too I guess.

Just a tip when inputting your email on the app itself, the app uses its own keyboard and the full stop is the one near the space bar, not half way up. They look very similar.
Are you one of the first people to take delivery of a standard Trophy model that comes without the additional iconnect feature ?.

Looks like it, I'll probably do a bit more of a detailed post when I get chance, see if I can answer some questions people have.
Wow …… I was not aware that any standard Trophy ( non IConnect model ) cars had reached the U.K. yet ?.
My local dealer has a white SE and like many other dealers, a full spec Trophy IConnect.
I suspect there will be few questions from potential standard Trophy 🏆 owners !.
Can I be the first one to ask a question 🙋🏻‍♂️.
What does the voice / command button on the steering wheel actually control ?.
On the Trophy 🏆 IConnect, this would be the button you press to voice command the sun roof open and closed and regulate the climate control functions.
My guess would be, it will still have limited features like responding to a request to call somebody from the contacts list in your mobile phone.
Otherwise, what is the point of having it ???.

Wow …… I was not aware that any standard Trophy ( non IConnect model ) cars had reached the U.K. yet ?.
My local dealer has a white SE and like many other dealers, a full spec Trophy IConnect.
I suspect there will be few questions from potential standard Trophy 🏆 owners !.
Can I be the first one to ask a question 🙋🏻‍♂️.
What does the voice / command button on the steering wheel actually control ?.
On the Trophy 🏆 IConnect, this would be the button you press to voice command the sun roof open and closed and regulate the climate control functions.
My guess would be, it will still have limited features like responding to a request to call somebody from the contacts list in your mobile phone.
Otherwise, what is the point of having it ???.
We took a test drive in a standard Trophy not an iConnect model and the button on the steering wheel did nothing (still marked). Was a bit disapointing. Might be different when connected to a phone.

Looks like it, I'll probably do a bit more of a detailed post when I get chance, see if I can answer some questions people have.
Hi,

Would you know if the iSmart car usage is limited to one phone or can you have multiple phones linked to the car please?

Okay, thanks. Bit of a limitation, 2 would be more likely a scenario for most.

I eventually got the app working using email on 3rd day of trying still can't add mobile no. And yes I dropped the 0 I just thinking its buggy and slow servers hopefully it will get a update and every one says it needs to allow 2 users I wonder is run same log in on 2 different phones to get round user limit?

Can you suggest where did you find the bind option in the settings?I plugged in my phone in the USB but I could not find any option to see the QR code in the car infotainment setting screen. I just got a MG ZS EV trophy standard range today and could not bind my car to the iSmart app.

Thanks for this. But when I restart my infotainment screen, I do not see the configure button come up. It directly shows the home screen. And hence there is no way I can get to the QR code. Is this just available for the Connect trim? I see the 4G symbol in the video and this would show up only on Connect trims I suspect and not on Trophy?

Screenshot_20220203_171317.jpg

Button No. 8 or 10?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom