• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG ZS Exclusive Petrol

Mosmith

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Hi I'm new here. Is this website all about electric MG'S? I have ordered a new MG ZS Exclusive petrol car back in April. I was told the car was due to come in in August. I rung up yesterday to see if there were any updates, and was told that he had no idea when the car would be ready.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep many EV's and hybrids they stop making petrol ZS models this year already I think.
Screenshot_20220703_163529.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I paid my deposit for it, when I ordered mine back in April it was fine, but I think since June they have stopped selling petrol ones

They stop taking orders on petrol 1th march
MG Motor UK has told its franchised car retailers to stop taking orders for new petrol vehicles after “unprecedented demand” saw it fill its 2022 sales quota by the end of February.

Well when I ordered mine he said there were only 3 colours available for the petrol. I ordered a red one. So I'm hoping what you've said is wrong as I've been taken for a ride otherwise.

I'm hoping this isn't completely true because I ordered my car after giving a deposit. I'm lucky that I have a decent car to drive around, so if I have to wait that bit longer so be it. Fingers crossed it will come before the end of the year.

@Mosmith you are in a long line of people awaiting their cars, I am sorry to be the barrier of sad tidings, but that is the true unfortunately.
I suggest you speak to the dealer you ordered your car from.
But this is no guarantee that you will be given correct or positive news, I am afraid sorry.
Customers of this forum have ordered their ZS EV’s in November of 2021 and are still waiting !.

I know, it's dreadful for everybody waiting. Oh well, can't do anything about it. Just got to wait it out.
If you think it’s a long wait for a ICE model, the wait time on EV’s is absolutely huge.
Some are quoting lead times of 47 weeks !.
Who orders a car almost two years before they need it ???.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom