MG3 News?

AdamMGEV

Reaction score
Liverpool
Driving
MG5 EV

So any other news on the MG3. I asked a guy in MG and he said it will be due end of this year early next. Plus this article back in January. Is it worth having its own thread now like the Marvel R etc has?

Personally I think it'll be a massive hit and probably the cheapest EV ever.

ARealHuman

Reaction score
UK
Driving
MG ZS EV
That rendering doesn't actually look too bad. This good be a neat car.

AdamMGEV

Reaction score
Liverpool
Driving
MG5 EV
That rendering doesn't actually look too bad. This good be a neat car.
Oh it's going to be a cracker of a car. Small, nippy hatchback and EV. This is what my Mrs is waiting for. And cheaper than any Zoe etc. Think this is where the average person wanting a small EV and can't afford big things will go for. We would have got the petrol version a year ago but it doesn't come in an automatic.

Gordon MG3

Novice Member
Reaction score
Colchester
Driving
MG ZS EV

So any other news on the MG3. I asked a guy in MG and he said it will be due end of this year early next. Plus this article back in January. Is it worth having its own thread now like the Marvel R etc has?

Personally I think it'll be a massive hit and probably the cheapest EV ever.
Got the MG3 petrol in October 20 and was told electric replacement due October 21

Gordon MG3

Novice Member
Reaction score
Colchester
Driving
MG ZS EV
Right on my birthday, maybe a little treat for myself :)
Petrol MG3 is great and my father in laws MG ZS EV is also great so I am looking forward to an MG3 electric.

He liked the MG3 when I bought it and asked if they did an electric, the ZS EV was all that was available but he is very pleased with it after having had a BMW3 for the last 20 years.

Caldosan

Standard Member
Reaction score
Warrington, UK
Driving
MG5 EV
Mrs Caldosan loves my new MG5 and whilst she is a Mini fan, is underwhelmed by their electric offerings. A new MG3 EV might just turn her away from the dark side into the light.

Lovemyev

Reaction score
North Wales
There is sales to made in this small car EV league, that’s for sure.
Not really a massive amount of competition in the class.
Yeah - There is the Mini EV and the Fiat 500 EV but expensive for the size of the car.
I don’t think the VAG group is offering the e.uP at the moment, or the similar offerings of the City Go / Imeiv.
If the price is pitched correctly, then it will sell for a great “Nipping About” car I think.

biffo

Reaction score
Rutherglen, South Lanarkshire
Driving
MG5 EV
I think the Dacia Spring could be the car to beat in the small EV sector if/when it arrives in the UK - essentially using proven Renault technology but scaled down to a budget pricepoint

ARealHuman

Reaction score
UK
Driving
MG ZS EV
In comparison with the MG, especially taking the likely cost of the Dacia into account, it does look good value for money. OK, you'd have to go into buying it knowing that the real world range is likely to be less, but if you understood and accepted this (i.e. mostly urban driving like it's been designed for), this car could be successful.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG EV news, sales figures and opinions from owners
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Top Bottom