• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG4 7 year warranty?

MG4London

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
What does this 7 year warranty include?

It sounds too good to be true

Will they say wear and tear is not included?

There is not much actually covered once you consider all these exceptions:
1678974385392.png

12 months on the charge point door (flap) is a weird one.
Even if someone charged every day, it’s only 730 open/shut cycles.
Must be weak as hell.
It does feel brittle, right enough.

First time I’ve seen the likes of wipers mentioned in a warranty.
Who the hell is so tight and blessed with time that they would consider going to the dealer for a claim for bloody wipers!?!?
I've known people go back to B&Q to demand a refund because a red plug split when they tried ramming it into a 4mm hole when it should be 5.5mm.

Don't underestimate people's pettiness or tightness

MG's 7 year warranty isn't as good as most of the competitors that offer something more comprehensive. That said, there are plenty of OEMs that don't offer 7 years on anything and are still stuck on 3 years.

7 year on the batteries is pretty good isn’t it?

How does that compare with other ev warranties?

Overall the MG warranty is not that awful.
The issue that you may have is finding a good dealer and actually getting work agreed and completed satisfactorily.
Based on experiences shared on here, MG seem to want to scrutinise everything and it doesn’t provide confidence that you will be treated fairly if you have to make a warranty claim.

7 year on the batteries is pretty good isn’t it?

How does that compare with other ev warranties?
It's OK with the same caveats i.e. % HV capacity remaining.
Hyundai are doing 8 years /100,000 miles as are Vauxhall, Citroën, Peugot and Renault for example. Some newer models such as Kia EV6 are doing 10 year/ 100,000 miles but thats not really like for like with the MG4 given the cost etc.

Last edited:
Some companies dont cover the full HV system for the full warranty, nissan only offer 5yrs on the drivetrain, HV controller, onboard charger, motor and reduction gearbox, those are 7yrs on MG

Some companies dont cover the full HV system for the full warranty, nissan only offer 5yrs on the drivetrain, HV controller, onboard charger, motor and reduction gearbox, those are 7yrs on MG
+1 This comment, my understanding after I looked at the warranty in depth when buying the car is the suspension has 3 year warranty, but 7 years on basically anything expensive which is good piece of mind.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 423 79.8%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 70 13.2%
  • No

Votes: 37 7.0%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back