• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG4 - active windows closer

Interesting. According to their website it's $499 to buy the kit which only lets you open and close the windows or turn the alarm on and off seems a little excessive.

Why MG haven't enabled global opening and closing?

Last edited:
Why? No idea. But it doesn't bother me - it's not a feature I've ever used in any car. 🤷‍♂️
I used it on my last two cars (both VAG products) as it was really handy to drop all the windows when approaching in summer to air the car and to raise all when closing.

But I wouldn't pay hundreds of pounds for this feature.

I'm forgetting that you're (relatively) "darn sarf" so that could be a possibility ... up here it is improbable. ;) 😂
Ah yes, so you are not in your shorts and t-shirt with all the windows open, like me then? For us cooling is more important than heating. 😁

I used it on my last two cars (both VAG products) as it was really handy to drop all the windows when approaching in summer to air the car and to raise all when closing.

But I wouldn't pay hundreds of pounds for this feature.
Handy for that, but then I guess you could always use the app to cool it with the air con in the MG…

Interesting. According to their website it's $499 to buy the kit which only lets you open and close the windows or turn the alarm on and off seems a little excessive.

I don't know if I'd trust the software after the whole getting locked in thing!

$499 is way over priced IMO, is it was less than £50 maybe, but it's something I'd hardly ever use myself.

I don't know if I'd trust the software after the whole getting locked in thing!

$499 is way over priced IMO, is it was less than £50 maybe, but it's something I'd hardly ever use myself.
I imagine the market is not consumers but people who reprogram cars for a living who can charge consumers a smaller fee for each change - it appears to support lots of different makes and presumably does other things than just windows.

MG5 has global opening and closing of the windows, so I don't know why they didn't implement it on the 4.

Which version of the MG5?

I understood that the MG4 introduced a completely new tech stack for infotainment and many of the car systems, so everything had to be recreated, hence missing features and bugs - does the facelifted MG5 also have this feature?

Yep, 2020 first gen Exclusive standard range. Has global opening and closing of windows but no Adaptive cruise control, no MG Pilot or any of the other safety features that the Long range gained. :LOL:

You should not purchase the OBD unit, the OBD unit for dealer / installation store or garage...

I can't get the app to connect to my OBD2 adapter.
The car can see the adapter under bluetooth but the app in that video won't connect to it.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom