• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG4 iSmart app stuck in 'long-trip' mode

mat1129

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
I'm a bit stuck but my iSmart app is stuck in long trip mode which means if I leave it overnight charging it'll go to 100% if it has a enough time. Then regen breaking don't work as well and I've reinstalled the app and can't find any setting in the car to come out of long trip mode.

The slider has vanished?

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Do you have a LR version of the MG4? (SE LR, Trophy LR). The SR version doesn't show the slider in the app. (It did for me in the early days, but that soon changed).

Do you have a LR version of the MG4? (SE LR, Trophy LR). The SR version doesn't show the slider in the app. (It did for me in the early days, but that soon changed).
I'm glad it's not just me! Yeah same issue the slider has vanished. Before it was always on health mode but I had to drive to Wendover which is like a 3 hour drive for me so I put it at 100% and it's been stuck in long trip mode since

I'm glad it's not just me! Yeah same issue the slider has vanished. Before it was always on health mode but I had to drive to Wendover which is like a 3 hour drive for me so I put it at 100% and it's been stuck in long trip mode since
Sorry but you didn't directly answer my question. Are you saying you do have the SE SR?

Sorry but you didn't directly answer my question. Are you saying you do have the SE SR?
Sorry, I have standard range. When I first got the car I had a slider that let me limit the charge amount. That slider has now gone and it's just stuck at 100% and in long trip mode. I can't seem to be able to get it to go back to battery health mode.

It won't come back - at least not in my experience. That's because it is recommended to charge the SE SR to 100% as often as possible, so that battery balance can be carried out. (The LFP battery in the SR needs balancing a lot more than the NMC battery in the LR models).

It won't come back - at least not in my experience. That's because it is recommended to charge the SE SR to 100% as often as possible, so that battery balance can be carried out. (The LFP battery in the SR needs balancing a lot more than the NMC battery in the LR models).
Oh okay. That's good to know. It's a shame because I'm so used to using regen, without it I don't feel as safe driving.

I could just run the AC to drain a bit of the battery if it happens. I thought it might be a bug cause I still need the software update to fix the door locking bug but my dealership is crap

Unfortunately they can't, as the MG server provides the download links for each car when the laptop is connected and makes the query for that specific car.
Oh how weird. I was hoping it would eventually come OTA, alas. I need to chase the dealership for the update before I get locked in.

I have a similar issue, I have an SE SR, but both the car and app are stuck at health mode, it still charges to 100%, but I can't get an accurate time it's going to take to reach 100% because it only shows the time to take to 80%

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 470 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 79 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 45 7.6%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back