MG4 Last decision

Tarek

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
Hey fellow forum members,

I'm excited to join the MG community and have finally made up my mind to buy the MG4. I even have the quotation in my hand! However, after spending hours reading through numerous threads and discussions, I've started to have some cold feet.

Recently, my local dealer surprised me with some interesting offers on two other EV models: the Renault Megane EV and the Kona EV. They're offering just 15-20% extra on the price of these vehicles. Now, I'm feeling confused all over again and don't want to go through the entire research process once more.

Since this is my first EV purchase after selling my ICE vehicle four months ago, I really value the insights and experiences of those who have thoroughly tried these vehicles or conducted in-depth research. Could anyone who has hands-on experience with the MG4, Renault Megane EV, or Kona EV provide some advice on my decision?

I'm specifically looking for feedback on factors like reliability, performance, driving experience, charging infrastructure, and any other considerations that might help me make an informed choice. Your input would be immensely appreciated as I navigate this exciting transition into the world of EVs.

Thank you all in advance for your valuable assistance!

MG have replaced undertrays on a number of cars. They can hardly now say "oh we didn't realise we were going to have to fix so many, so we'll re-brand the fault as a "characteristic".
I think the replacing of undertrays is more to do with having a decent dealer than any decision by MG, there customer service has already stated it isn't an issue

I don't want to go to the dealer making a fuss about something (the aircom I mean) that isn't actually a problem. I thought I might mention it but say I'm just pointing it out in case it gets worse.

I think the replacing of undertrays is more to do with having a decent dealer than any decision by MG, there customer service has already stated it isn't an issue

But a good few have been replaced under warranty. MG acknowledged it was an issue until it began to dawn on them just how many cars were affected.

I don't think you have anything to lose by mentioning it - but if you are going to, ask for it to be resolved. If you just say keep an eye on it then the dealer is unlikely to do anything.

I don't necessarily want the dealer to do anything about the aircon as it is at the moment. The noise really isn't much. It seems to me there is a big variation in the degree of noise and that mine might be in the "normal" end of that. But I thought it might be best to mention it in case the noise gets worse.

The problem there is the dealer is paid by MG to do the work (cross charging). As the Volvo guy said to me, he can't just replace it as MG may not pay him.

I don't necessarily want the dealer to do anything about the aircon as it is at the moment. The noise really isn't much. It seems to me there is a big variation in the degree of noise and that mine might be in the "normal" end of that. But I thought it might be best to mention it in case the noise gets worse.
Yes, it may be to do with how well gassed and oiled some are compared to others

AFAIK the 4 only allows infotainment updates OTA.
Other cars allow much more involved updates OTA.
That's something I hadnt thought about! However, I'm not sure having to go to the dealer during service for a major software update is an issue if I can update maps etc over the air. Still happy!

74% of these reviewers don't think MG are good cars. If the MG4 was about 15k I would say it was a good buy and in the same division as Dacia's. At 26k, its way over-priced.

We seem to being ripped off at every turn these days, but the ridiculous cost of cars is the biggest of them all. Manufacturers are using the PCP plans as a way of increasing the prices, because who in their right mind would pay 26k for an MG4 with cash....Well, OK, I did, but never, ever again.

Given the comparison with an ICE Ford Focus, I would have no hesitation paying cash for an MG. In fact, I just did!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 529 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back