• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG4 Mats Availability

Deleted member 9692

Reaction score
Thought I would start a thread on mats. I cannot find mats anywhere, the MG4 is not even listed on the MG Accessories webpage yet. Hopefully someone in the know will post here as and when they become available. Picking my car up hopefully next week so I’m going to get my wife to carry me across the gravel drive as a temporary measure.

I asked about this when I did a test drive. The dealer said they basically had no information yet, beyond £99 for mats and they recommended getting after market mats as cheaper. I wanted to know about tow bars, but they said the cars had just appeared and no information or availability of accessories yet. I got the impression it would be a few weeks.

Thought I would start a thread on mats. I cannot find mats anywhere, the MG4 is not even listed on the MG Accessories webpage yet. Hopefully someone in the know will post here as and when they become available. Picking my car up hopefully next week so I’m going to get my wife to carry me across the gravel drive as a temporary measure.
I'm gonna throw the mats from my golf in on trade day to see me through.

Getting mine tomorrow, my dealer equally was unable to order any. :(

guess my first trip, as above, will be to Halfords

and as above, will do my heed in

Picking some cheap ones from popular car parts site. Will replace once some decent tailored mats are available

I usually take the mats out anyway and put rubber mats in as they are more hardwearing.
I always thought that carpet mats wouldn't last a winter, so I did the same as you on older cars and changed them immediately to rubber mats. but having had carpet mats in a Ford Puma for the last two years, and a mondeo for the two years prior to that, they were still in a great condition when sold, which frankly amazed me. so I have paid the £99 for the unicorn hair mg4 mats and hope they are in stock by the time my car arrives. some advantage to having to wait, mats and insurance woes solved I suppose

I will be investing in heavy duty rubber mats, I have these in our Yeti and Superb, the yeti ones have well stood the test of time having been in the car for 6 years.

Looks like they are available to pre-order (delivery in Nov) from these guys, anyone tried them before?

I emailed CarMats.co.uk and they hope to have some ready in the coming weeks.

Thanks for your email.
We don't have anything available for the MG4 at this time but we are expecting to have mats available in the coming weeks.
Would you like us to notify you when these become available?

Thanks for your email.
We don't have anything available for the MG4 at this time but we are expecting to have mats available in the coming weeks.
Where are they? I've known independent accessory firms offer free things if they can use your car for a template. Might be worth a call.

Thanks for your email.

I got the same reply, and then another reply a bit later saying they are available for pre-order.

I'm Ash 👋 and I run/own CarMats.co.uk.

We noticed the traffic from the thread today so I wanted to pop in and say hi.

We have the templates coming in for the MG4 which is why we now have them on pre-order, these will match MG OEM shapes.

Happy to help if anyone has any questions.
Hi Ash I'm keen on rubber....

Will you make them and possibly a boot protector too? I've noticed the carpet is quite thin in the boot area.

Thanks

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 423 79.8%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 70 13.2%
  • No

Votes: 37 7.0%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel