gezzes31

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Just got mud flaps from evaccessories 28.98 inc postage. Easy to fit, done in 25 mins. Look the biz on car. No need to jack up, use fixing on car. Easy.
original_1e422adc-9876-4eb9-a54a-7f2214f90dc8_PXL_20230222_142314179.jpg
mud flaps iv fitted

What a rip off . They have just sourced the same stuff from china and doubled the price. Sill protectors are daylight robbery.
my be so but i order late monday and had them on weds did not have to wight weeks for them and thay fit ok and i checked ones from china and thay are not that much cheaper

I’m curious to know how much they affect efficiency? They look really draggy (flaps are a good name)! And that they would likely negate a lot of the aerodynamic design.

I’m curious to know how much they affect efficiency? They look really draggy (flaps are a good name)! And that they would likely negate a lot of the aerodynamic design.
If the efficiency hit is measurable in real world driving I'd be suprised, but apparently even the flush door handles on teslas is enough to give a small improvement.

But the improved looks is worth the minimal loss in aerodynamics ..

My china ordered flaps arrived within a week - so considering I've ordered uk sourced stuff before for the uk mail system to bog it down - I was happy - couldn't fit till a weekend anyway ...

just got mud flaps from evaccessories 28.98 inc postage easy to fit done in 25 mins look the biz on car no need to jack up use fixing on car easyView attachment 15412 mud flaps iv fitted
I have a DU72 also from paul rigby in black (albeit yours looks like grey - which was my 1st choice 🤔 ) - can i bring mine around for some assistance - i have the parts still sitting? - send me a PM

Last edited:
But the improved looks is worth the minimal loss in aerodynamics ..

My china ordered flaps arrived within a week - so considering I've ordered uk sourced stuff before for the uk mail system to bog it down - I was happy - couldn't fit till a weekend anyway ...
Hi Juziwomble, Hope you don't mind me asking , where did you buy them from, cheers.

I got these AliExpress MG4 Mud Flaps someone else recommended here. Fitted them yesterday and they look great.
Did you remember the screw fitting underneath each mudflap? I'd overlooked those when I first fitted mine, so I've redone them today ... I found the fitting underneath the front mudflap very awkward to access to properly tighten up the screw - I had to hand-tighten mine ... until I remembered where I'd put the angled "driver" that came with the kit. :)

Edit: to address a point I recall someone raising previously ... I removed my mudflaps in order to properly refit them; I wiped down the fitment areas and there were no obvious signs of scratching of the paintwork.

Last edited:
Did you remember the screw fitting underneath each mudflap? I'd overlooked those when I first fitted mine, so I've redone them today ... I found the fitting underneath the front mudflap very awkward to access to properly tighten up the screw - I had to hand-tighten mine ... until I remembered where I'd put the angled "driver" that came with the kit. :)

Edit: to address a point I recall someone raising previously ... I removed my mudflaps in order to properly refit them; I wiped down the fitment areas and there were no obvious signs of scratching of the paintwork.
Yes, bottom screws installed. The front ones are awkward as you say without the supplied angled driver that came with the kit. Also found install easier as I’d watched @Alansurfer excellent video beforehand 👍

Did a 560 mile weekend road trip to Cornwall and no noticeable difference in efficiency, 2.7 bar front and rear, 42kg German Shepard in the boot, me and one passenger, luggage, 6-8°c, heat and aircon, rain for half the outward journey, night time on the return and matched previous journey I did two weeks ago with no flaps at 3.6 miles per kWh (driving normally with in speed limits). Not noticed any difference in my normal day to day trips either.

Did a 560 mile weekend road trip to Cornwall and no noticeable difference in efficiency, 2.7 bar front and rear, 42kg German Shepard in the boot, me and one passenger, luggage, 6-8°c, heat and aircon, rain for half the outward journey, night time on the return and matched previous journey I did two weeks ago with no flaps at 3.6 miles per kWh (driving normally with in speed limits). Not noticed any difference in my normal day to day trips either.
I'd suggest that, as the mudflaps are in the "dirty" air as it comes off the wheel/tyre assembly, they'd have little or no effect on the airflow, hence no effect on fuel efficiency. My opinion, I'm not an aerodynamicist.

Did the GS fit in the boot ok? I've got a Lab and have been wondering how she'll fit. Drive a ZS EV and she has plenty of room but I was wondering if the more angled tailgate would squash her a bit

Did the GS fit in the boot ok? I've got a Lab and have been wondering how she'll fit. Drive a ZS EV and she has plenty of room but I was wondering if the more angled tailgate would squash her a bit
He fits ok, he’s very long in the body and tall. I had a ZS and a MG5 and the MG5 has the best boot space out of the 3 (although hight wise he crouched a bit), ZS is a little taller space wise. For Kobi dog the MG4 is much easier to get in and out as the rear sill is much lower and shorter so he just steps in and out.

Attachments

• 31B72E43-9ECE-42EA-83DB-3666AC2B85A0.jpeg
    31B72E43-9ECE-42EA-83DB-3666AC2B85A0.jpeg
    633.1 KB · Views: 180
  • A56A5D8D-67D7-49E1-987B-8CCF68FC716D.jpeg
    A56A5D8D-67D7-49E1-987B-8CCF68FC716D.jpeg
    312.9 KB · Views: 130
  • 265A6EC1-EE4C-4E88-B23A-612A25FAC251.jpeg
    265A6EC1-EE4C-4E88-B23A-612A25FAC251.jpeg
    280.7 KB · Views: 141
  • 09587226-4737-4FB5-AE38-A20802C20EAA.jpeg
    09587226-4737-4FB5-AE38-A20802C20EAA.jpeg
    526.2 KB · Views: 176
He is
75cm from floor to shoulder
95cm floor to top of head (standing)
125cm from nose to base of tail.
A big fluffy thing.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 485 79.0%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 83 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.5%