• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG4 Mudflaps

Jester27

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Afternoon all,

I recently ordered some mudflaps for my MG4 from AliExpress.

£22.21 18%OFF | For MG4 Mulan 2023 MG 4 2022 Mud Flaps Splash Guard Mudguards MudFlaps Front Rear Fender Auto Styline Car Accessories

£26 including delivery.
Ordered on the 12th from China
Arrived today 26th.
Quicker than I expected.

Anyway, they're on..
Relatively easy to fit, they use existing fittings, so no drilling etc. though they are a little fiddly with space restrictions unless you were to take the wheels off.
Which isn't necessary.

Decent bit of kit, all 4 mudflaps, decent fit to the moulding of the cars shape.
20221026_125600.jpg

Even came with spare screws (which I didn't need)
And also a small screwdriver tool which helps with the tight spaces.

20221026_125855.jpg

Also had a seat back hanger thrown in as a gift.

20221026_125903.jpg

Anyway, on to the fitting.. it comes with simple instructions to aid fitting, not that they're really needed.
20221026_125822.jpg

One to watch out for is the upper screws that need to be removed, they're not screws but button fittings, they can be lifted with a flat blade screwdriver.
I reused these again in the same hole fitting.
20221026_133524.jpg

It's then a simple case of lining up the correct mudflap and putting the screws back in to the existing holes and tightening up.

Then work your way around the other wheels and you're done.

20221026_145346.jpg

20221026_144527.jpg

20221026_141431.jpg

For the money you can't go wrong, hopefully it might keep a bit of the muck off the wide sills too.

Last edited:
That looks good! Does it change the look of the car much with them on? Can’t tell from the close up pics

I bought a very similar set designed for my ICE Ford SUV some time back.
They do look good but as I discovered just be aware they are really useless if you want to prevent mud etc. spraying up the sills or the lower side of the car from the wheels as they are actually not long or wide enough.
Certainly not critizing anyone for buying them as I did also, just pointing out that they are really just a cosmetic item.
My car below....hopefully soon to be replaced with MG4 LR when they eventually arrive in Australia.

Attachments

• PA270002.JPG
    PA270002.JPG
    282.6 KB · Views: 296
  • PA270003.JPG
    PA270003.JPG
    315.3 KB · Views: 276
Last edited:
Great post and really appreciate the details of fit and outcome. Ended up buying these, and car mats, and then sill protectors, then 'trunk mat' and finally screen protectors.. Cheers :(

All I need is my MG 4.. due last week but 'a couple of weeks away'..

Great post and really appreciate the details of fit and outcome. Ended up buying these, and car mats, and then sill protectors, then 'trunk mat' and finally screen protectors.. Cheers :(

Do you have a link to the sill protectors please? My 5ft 1in wife will probably need to put a foot on the sill to get in the car when it arrives.

Hi jester nice looking job and many thanks for the posting and the pictures can I ask Just one question you say they are fitted with the original Button fittings where they plenty long enough so where do the screws come in, I can see in your picture removing the top button fitting with your screw driver so where are the screws are they at the bottom somewhere my thanks
Les

I don't suppose you've got a link to the screen protectors do you?

Do you have a link to the sill protectors please? My 5ft 1in wife will probably need to put a foot on the sill to get in the car when it arrives.
I looked at the following:
Search for 'mg threshold' on AliExpress - there are lots, but given the 9" width (as pictured from other Posts) I didn't risk any of them.

I wasn't keen on 'Morris Group' labels either..

I actually ended up buying 10M of 10cm 'Carbon Fibre' tape: 0.68£ 28% OFF|3d Carbon Carbon Fiber Car Sticker Diy Paste Strip Rolls Different Sizes Auto Anti Scratch Protector Tape Waterproof Film - Car Stickers - AliExpress

My MG4 on order is Black anyway so I'm having it Ceramic coated and getting the detailers to add the tape.

Be careful, when we had a test drive the sales chap said to my wife as she was trying to get out just put your foot on there pointing to the black plastic outer sill cover which she did and almost pushed it off, she as master it now and can just about turn herself around in the seat to get both legs out at once.
Les

Be careful, when we had a test drive the sales chap said to my wife as she was trying to get out just put your foot on there pointing to the black plastic outer sill cover which she did and almost pushed it off, she as master it now and can just about turn herself around in the seat to get both legs out at once.
Les
Yes, the black plastic doesn't look strong enough - I was meaning the actual metal sill.

Good to hear your wife has got used to it, it was the only negative for my wife so hopefully she'll get the hang of it too.

Hi jester nice looking job and many thanks for the posting and the pictures can I ask Just one question you say they are fitted with the original Button fittings where they plenty long enough so where do the screws come in, I can see in your picture removing the top button fitting with your screw driver so where are the screws are they at the bottom somewhere my thanks
Les
Hi Les
See pic for instructions below, shows the screw locations, there is also one underneath each mudflap.
All the screws used were the ones removed from the car, rather than the replacements.
It did say on the packet of spare screws let us know if these aren't needed, we just wanted to be sure you had enough to fit the mudflaps and they were a just in case..

20221026_125822.jpg

Just the front top ones that are button fixings, pic of screwdriver was to show how to get them out.
Just lever the button backwards and gently pull and the whole fastener comes off.

The underneath screws are fastened from behind on the rear mudflaps and from the front on the fronts
See pics below

20221027_164832.jpg

20221027_164907.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221027-164220_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221027-164220_Gallery.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 468 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle