• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG4 SE Owners - Rear Speakers

SnovaK

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Hi all,

While the car is faily new, I am wondering if any of the curious and brave souls have looked at possibility of adding an extra pair of speakers in the rear door. The speaker mesh is there, no sure if the wiring is already there?

It's a door card off job to check. I'm really good at breaking trim clips. The the whole infotainment system will need a software upgrade to understand a 4 Speaker system. You'll notice that the fader control doesn't go any further back than centre. Too much hassle for me.

Reviving this thread in case some else has managed to explore this option? I tried to remove the rear door card, managed to get both the screws off, but still couldn't pry the door card off. Screwed everything back as I didn't want to break anything.

Last edited:
I was thinking the same thing. Mines not here yet but if it’s very noticeable for the rear passengers I will for sure want to be adding rear speakers and an interior light

What is the sound like in the back of the car? Is it really bad, or is it decent when the fader is set to centre?

More non-existent than bad. Joking aside, my Wife has no idea what song was playing when sat in the back. So in some ways it's a good thing.... :rolleyes: ;)

More non-existent than bad. Joking aside, my Wife has no idea what song was playing when sat in the back. So in some ways it's a good thing.... :rolleyes: ;)
Have you offically put in for the rejection?

Anyone knows how to remove the rear door cards? I am keen to check if wiring harness for rear speaker might already be there? Odd chance I know.

Just to clarify, does the LR SE also not come with rear speakers? I know the SR SE doesn't have rears, but thought (probably incorrectly) that perhaps the LR did?
Basically, didn't realise it was all SE models - i.e. only the Trophy has rears (in the UK, at least)! :oops:

Just to clarify, does the LR SE also not come with rear speakers? I know the SR SE doesn't have rears, but thought (probably incorrectly) that perhaps the LR did?
Basically, didn't realise it was all SE models - i.e. only the Trophy has rears (in the UK, at least)! :oops:
Trophy only I believe. They have to save the money somewhere.

Reviving this thread in case some else has managed to explore this option? I tried to remove the rear door card, managed to get both the screws off, but still couldn't pry the door card off. Screwed everything back as I didn't want to break anything.
I have managed to get the rear right card off the door - I got some specials pry tools off Amazon which did the trick - needed a metal bar!

I can report that there is no speaker cable present in the door on an SE sadly.

Next to upgrade the (terrible) front speakers…! I have already removed the tweeters, that was easy.

I have managed to get the rear right card off the door - I got some specials pry tools off Amazon which did the trick - needed a metal bar!

I can report that there is no speaker cable present in the door on an SE sadly.

Next to upgrade the (terrible) front speakers…! I have already removed the tweeters, that was easy.
Thanks for checking and such a shame that there are no wiring in rear.
Keen to know what you have upgraded with (which speakers) and your feedback on the improvement in SQ.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom