• We have updated MGEVs and introduced rules for using our Classifieds forums. For more information, please click here.

Deal Agreed MG4 Trophy in Volcanic Orange (SOLD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

grayoo

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
I unfortunately had a major health scare in December, totally out of the blue, and will be on sick leave for quite a while, hence the reluctant sale of my Trophy.

Bought the car early October from Cardiff MG. 3000 miles on the clock. Stunning looking - always being asked about it supermarket car parks.

Obviously immaculate, genuine MG4 mats and a 3rd party boot liner. MG Type 2 charging cable.

Anyway, I have been an active member on these forums and loved it, thx for all the advice and chats.
Usual issues everyone is facing, waiting for MG to address in due course - under tray bulge, new software update( has the fatigue warning issue), it had the critical lock-in update performed last week, no oil leak was reported.

Anyway, I know the price has gone up now(£33190) and people are still waiting, and that used the Trophy Orange has sold for over £33k on ebay a couple of times. I'm not absolutely desperate - so no stupid offers please - I don't need that crap at this time, believe me. Its a straight cash sale.

£31,500 - no offers.

IMG_5014.jpeg

Have you tried the online car websites to see what they would offer you.

For totally different reasons I got a price from Motorway, who I rate highly, for my 600 mile SE LR. Naturally in showroom condition. -£4500 below late November purchase price. Dealer says its because of much shortened delivery times. I wonder if that's the only reason 🤔.

I unfortunately had a major health scare in December, totally out of the blue, and will be on sick leave for quite a while, hence the reluctant sale of my Trophy.

Bought the car early October from Cardiff MG. 3000 miles on the clock. Stunning looking - always being asked about it supermarket car parks.

Obviously immaculate, genuine MG4 mats and a 3rd party boot liner. MG Type 2 charging cable.

Anyway, I have been an active member on these forums and loved it, thx for all the advice and chats.
Usual issues everyone is facing, waiting for MG to address in due course - under tray bulge, new software update( has the fatigue warning issue), it had the critical lock-in update performed last week, no oil leak was reported.

Anyway, I know the price has gone up now(£33190) and people are still waiting, and that used the Trophy Orange has sold for over £33k on ebay a couple of times. I'm not absolutely desperate - so no stupid offers please - I don't need that crap at this time, believe me. Its a straight cash sale.

£31,500 - no offers.

View attachment 14467
Been there, got the Tee Shirt, - nasty when that happens but don't rush anything take your time and best wishes for your health and recovery.

£31,500 - no offers.

View attachment 14467
Hi Grayoo,
I would like to buy your car, subject to viewing tomorrow or later if necessary. Please contact me on ***** ******
Kind regards
Henry (private sale, not trader)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I’d be taking a good offer as soon as possible, used ev’s have suffered a 3.7% drop in value of late and it is predicted that all used values will take a significant drop this year, Jp Morgan are claiming 10 to 20% drop. As the cost to charge ev’s increases in April (53pkw to 92pkw) it may affect used values even more and could also make it more difficult to sell?

I think I’d be taking a good offer as soon as possible, used ev’s have suffered a 3.7% drop in value of late and it is predicted that all used values will take a significant drop this year, Jp Morgan are claiming 10 to 20% drop. As the cost to charge ev’s increases in April (53pkw to 92pkw) it may affect used values even more and could also make it more difficult to sell?
Thx for advice, but the MG4 has just gone up a £1000. Appreciate the response though.

I think the mg4 will drop around 5% the luxury brand will suffer the most now Tesla have dropped there prices.I think electric prices are going to drop or stay the same in April because if they don’t it won’t only be ev in trouble it will be 90% buisnesses closing down but we will see

I think the mg4 will drop around 5% the luxury brand will suffer the most now Tesla have dropped there prices.I think electric prices are going to drop or stay the same in April because if they don’t it won’t only be ev in trouble it will be 90% buisnesses closing down but we will see
Sorry - that makes no sense 😊 Care to elaborate?

Hi Grayoo,
I would like to buy your car, subject to viewing tomorrow or later if necessary. Please contact me on ***** ******
Kind regards
Just be careful - best to message Grayoo direct via the forum and remove your mobile no. asap. Surprised mods/admin haven't spotted this.

Last edited:
Surprised mods/admin haven't spotted this.
I apologise for not monitoring the forum 24/7 :(
Equally important is to not re-publish the information (as you have just done).
If you see issues like this just hit the report button as that's the quickest way to bring it to a moderator's attention.

I've been inundated with people telling me similar when listing my i3. It's all very well to regurgitate these stats when people are selling cars but look at what's actually listed for sale. I've yet to see all these price drops, if anyone has then please show me....I might shop for these used bargains instead of waiting for my 4!

Just price your car according to price of others listed and demand. Think yours is spot on. Good luck.

I apologise for not monitoring the forum 24/7 :(
Equally important is to not re-publish the information (as you have just done).
If you see issues like this just hit the report button as that's the quickest way to bring it to a moderator's attention.
I posted then hit the report button with the reason why (y)

Hi Grayoo,
Kind regards
Thank to the moderator for hiding the number👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom