• We have updated MGEVs and introduced rules for using our Classifieds forums. For more information, please click here.
  • We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

For Sale MG5 Brand New wheels never been on the road

MG Boy

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
4 Alloys never been on car in brand new condition all boxed up

Ideal spare or replace damaged wheel

£75 each

happy to box up if necessary for a courier to collect

baed in Reading

215/50R17 91V7Jx17 ET41
MG ZS Electric
205/55R17 95V6.5Jx17 ET41
MG5 Electric

Hello.

I live Newbury and I’d like to buy all 4 please.

I assume they are the MG5 wheels?

Can collect asap.

Rob

I know nothing about such things but the tyres, not wheels on my 5 are 205/60R16 not 205/55R17.

I'm sure someone will explain.

I know nothing about such things but the tyres, not wheels on my 5 are 205/60R16 not 205/55R17.

I'm sure someone will explain.
There are a few very good comparison tools on the "Interweb" that if you pump in the wheel and tyre sizes will should how close they compare and what difference it makes to the Speedo reading. For example, if I compare my 215/50R17 on the Gen 1 ZS EV with the 205/60R60 on your MG5 the difference in diameter is less than 3% and at the speed which would show 60 mph on my ZS speedo would with your 205/60 on the smaller 16" rims would be doing ½ mph greater ie. 60.5 mph.

The tool to make this comparison is the "Tire size comparison" at "tire-calc.com"

If you want to get more into these things then a more advanced tool that will let you check your clearances with alternative wheel sizes, rim widths and off-sets (the ET value) etc is the "Rim & Tire Size Calculator" at Wheel-Size.com

There are a few very good comparison tools on the "Interweb" that if you pump in the wheel and tyre sizes will should how close they compare and what difference it makes to the Speedo reading. For example, if I compare my 215/50R17 on the Gen 1 ZS EV with the 205/60R60 on your MG5 the difference in diameter is less than 3% and at the speed which would show 60 mph on my ZS speedo would with your 205/60 on the smaller 16" rims would be doing ½ mph greater ie. 60.5 mph.

The tool to make this comparison is the "Tire size comparison" at "tire-calc.com"

If you want to get more into these things then a more advanced tool that will let you check your clearances with alternative wheel sizes, rim widths and off-sets (the ET value) etc is the "Rim & Tire Size Calculator" at Wheel-Size.com

Very nice, thank you.

I am however still curious as to why my wheels are R16 and the advertised as unused in post 1/3 are R17 ?

Very nice, thank you.

I am however still curious as to why my wheels are R16 and the advertised as unused in post 1/3 are R17 ?
Weren't there 2 wheel options with the MG5? The ZS only had one stock "Windmill" design 17" wheel option although it is often recommended if fitting Winter tyres on the ZS to use 16" VW Group rims and fitting them with 215/60 higher-profile tyres for the almost identical diameter as stock wheels. The deeper rubber gives a softer ride and you ought to be able to run with slightly lower pressure than the stock 50 profile ZS and hence improved grip on slippery surfaces.

4 Alloys never been on car in brand new condition all boxed up

Ideal spare or replace damaged wheel

£75 each

happy to box up if necessary for a courier to collect

baed in Reading
Hi Mg Boy what design of mg5 wheel are they I'm interested in 1 if they are the for the mg 5 ev 2021

I’m interested in one if you have any left.
I have a 2021 long Range. Do you have a pic of them to check they are the same. Thanks

The OP hasn't been back since he posted the advert.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom