• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG5 facelift confirmed for October 2021 - photos here

Stuart Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Mg-5-image-4.jpg

Untitled-5.jpg

Untitled-6.jpg

Added radar on the front 👀 suggests MG Pilot (or at least adaptive cruise) and its rated for 75kg on the roof, however I hope there has been better communication between China and MG Europe on that before they put the web page together than there was with MG UK :cool:

Note: Caveat emptor at the foot of those specs!

Screenshot 2021-03-16 at 15.43.42.png

Added radar on the front 👀 suggests MG Pilot (or at least adaptive cruise) and its rated for 75kg on the roof, however I hope there has been better communication between China and MG Europe on that before they put the web page together than there was with MG UK :cool:

Note: Caveat emptor at the foot of those specs!

View attachment 2327
I can't say I'm not a little sad, however I do like my 5. And it was a good price. I do think Mg should hold a little shame for rushing the car over when they knew full well it was getting a facelift after the 1st boat load arrived. 🙄

New face, new wheels and radar, all very nice, although not things that are top of my wish list right now.

Is this been officially announced for October in the UK not just mainland Europe? Would be a nice Crimbo present for myself😄.

Mainland EU. MG UK is separate asaik. so October 21 EU, I would think late 2022 for us and has really put me in a difficult position as I like the look of the facelift.

If you want the newer model in the UK you'll be waiting atleast a year I think. I would think the MG3 would be out sooner

This has really confused and annoyed me! I’m due to pick my new 5 up on Friday and don’t know what to do now.

The new model looks better, has better features and the extra tech will give it a better safety rating which will also give it a lower insurance group and cut costs. Add to that the longer range and that the new model will massively drop the value of the current model...

Argh!

Edit - I have managed to use the affinity scheme so got the exclusive for less than £22k and by the sound of the posts above the October 2021 date might not apply to the UK...

This has really confused and annoyed me! I’m due to pick my new 5 up on Friday and don’t know what to do now.

The new model looks better, has better features and the extra tech will give it a better safety rating which will also give it a lower insurance group and cut costs. Add to that the longer range and that the new model will massively drop the value of the current model...

Argh!

Edit - I have managed to use the affinity scheme so got the exclusive for less than £22k and by the sound of the posts above the October 2021 date might not apply to the UK...
That is certain parts of Europe like Norway, the UK won't have it for a long time. The MG3, Marvel R and E-motion I think are more likely to come before the new MG5 does as this model has not long been here. So either wait for 2 years or just get something now that's a great car, new one doesn't give you that much more and it won't be as cheap I doubt as the deals you can get now on an MG5

With regard to people saying the new 5 won't come to the UK at the same time, surely SAIC won't produce two massively different variants of the same car on the same line?

Yes I think that’s right. Just probably getting nervous about the decision.

It’s going to be quite different from the Golf R estate I’m part exchanging!

I have had my MG5 for just two weeks tomorrow and I am really pleased with the car especially the way it drives I have had diesel cars for the last 30 years I looked at the Nissan Leaf when they first came out had a test drive and liked it but the cost and the short range killed my EV dream then along came MG they made EV possible for me I am enjoying driving again for the first time in years

Yeah I’ve jumped on this as I really wanted an EV but needed something practical in terms of boot size and range. Plus I really can’t afford a Tesla 😂
I was 99% going to buy a model 3 Tesla as I was buying it through my own company with 0 benefit in kind, which I have now instead bought the MG5.

So I could afford a tesla however my thought process went from Hyundai Kona ( because I liked my previous hyundai's ) 37k.... wait I can get a tesla for 41k, oh wait the long range 4 wheel drive is only another 6k, I want it I red.... oh its now 49k....

My main gripe was the impractical boot on the tesla And also no buttons so you have have used the massive ipad to do anything. My mate said look at the MG5 ev it's an estate. When I saw the price and watched the reviews I was sold As I love estate cars.

Less than half the price for something that does the same thing and more practical. A tesla is too fast anyway, MG5 I find is fast enough and 99% of the time 200 mile range is enough.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom