• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG5 Infotainment unit - DAB

DominicGrimes

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
HI All

I've just received a new MG5 which was ordered in April. the car is supposed to have DAB, but when it was delivered the delivery driver told me that the DAB unit wasn't available and the dealer had put in a separate unit. this plugs into the usb port and has a wireless in the front windscreen. not ideal but now I'm hearing this might be in for a while as no one knows when the proper unit s should be available. the DAB reception on the bodged in unit is rubbish, no ability to store channels, not very good
personal opinion on the infotainment units in MG's is that its like going back in time 15 years, very unresponsive touchscreen, notraffic updates on the navigation and not easy to input addresses

I'd be rejecting that car immediately, I know there's a chip shortage but it's nowhere near the advertised spec or what you ordered, and you don't hear of other manufacturers doing this.

Hi, I believe the LR has a little unit in the glove box for DAB.
The SR touch screen is a bit slow too. Just press a button and pause before you press the next one or does them all in one go and past what you want.

I'd be rejecting that car immediately, I know there's a chip shortage but it's nowhere near the advertised spec or what you ordered, and you don't hear of other manufacturers doing this.
So DAB not available on the radio means the car is 'nowhere near advertised spec' and should be rejected. A slight exaggeration perhaps, and it will be rectified when possible.
DAB is rubbish anyway in comparison to FM.

If you read the small print in the brochure, for any car, there's always a clause saying specs may vary by region and by date of manufacture.

If you read the small print in the brochure, for any car, there's always a clause saying specs may vary by region and by date of manufacture.
It's not even a change of spec, they have simply provided a temporary solution in order to deliver the car instead of leaving it in a car park somewhere and a new owner having to wait even longer, just for the sake of DAB module.

It's not even a change of spec, they have simply provided a temporary solution in order to deliver the car instead of leaving it in a car park somewhere and a new owner having to wait even longer, just for the sake of DAB module.
That’s why I’ve got the stuck on Dab aerial and plugged in by uSB
also all car manufactures are having chip supply problems

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom