• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG5 Service plans online quotes

Jonhklee

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
The service plans on offer to pay monthly direct debits actually costs more than paying them individually.

My nearest two dealership quotes are:
£789 - 6 years service plan (£722 individually)
£895 - 6 years service plan (£826 individually)

over £100 difference between dealerships and £67-£69 for the privilge of buying the service plan and paying monthly.
MOTs are not included in my quotes, but can be added into the plans.

thoughts?? I mean they are much cheaper costs than ICE cars, but they don’t do much to an EV surely.
I think I will go for the cheaper one, as I bought my car on a 6 years EV EST Loan and plan to keep my car until it dies anyway.

I got a 4 yr plan for £548 so looks similar. Check you will get full...and I mean full AA cover for the 5/6 yrs. I also got a discount for paying all up front if that suits you as well.

I already have full Greenflag cover from my bank, I have emailed my dealer and see what quote they are going to give me and start with that.

I got a 4 year low mileage (less than 10,000 pa) plan for £357 from my local dealer. Originally I was quoted £442 for 3 years by the dealer I bought it from, then £375 for 3 years direct with MG via their website quoting and got the best by far deal with my local dealer on the phone. Also paid up front to avoid the ridiculous monthly service charges.

The first year has AA cover (MG assistance) included, and then subsequent years if you are serviced at an MG garage, which you could argue means the service is free!

I have just taken out a 4 year low mileage (under 10000 miles per year) Service agreement with my local dealer.
There is an admin fee and if you require a corrosion check that is extra at £10 plus VAT.
The actual costs each year with corrosion checks and MOT when appropriate are:-

1st year - £53.40.
2nd year - £132.98.
3rd year - £152,65. (MOT)
4th year - £186.63. (MOT)

For a total of £525.66

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom