Mileage from fully charged

Tony M

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi my zs ev is showing 136 miles fully charged is this correct? It started life at 180miles and is getting lower as time goes on. It’s June 22 with only 2k on the clock. Only getting decent mileage when Driving like Miss Daisy at 50mph on Mway

Have you tried resetting all the trip counters?
If you then turn off the acc and fan, put into ready mode and switch it into eco you should get a better GOM reading.

Upvote 0
It's getting lower as time goes on because the car learns your way of driving. If you drive like Nigel Mansel, your range will reflect such.

I am sure others will come on board and explain.
70 on mway is not excessive, it’s like driving Apollo 9 in the film where you have to turn everything off to make the battery last

Upvote 0
70 on mway is not excessive, it’s like driving Apollo 9 in the film where you have to turn everything off to make the battery last
No 70 is NOT excessive, however, if you go slower you will get further. AND yes it's just like Apollo 13, the less you use, the more you have left.

Upvote 0

I have the LR and have no issues with range. Even at 70mph the car’s range is further than I can manage without a stop.

Buying a SR car and driving it at motorway speeds is not going to give good range in any BEV.

After living with SR BEVs for a few years I find it so relaxing to have a car that I don’t have to worry about range anymore and just drive it.

Upvote 0
I have the LR and have no issues with range. Even at 70mph the car’s range is further than I can manage without a stop.

Buying a SR car and driving it at motorway speeds is not going to give good range in any BEV.

After living with SR BEVs for a few years I find it so relaxing to have a car that I don’t have to worry about range anymore and just drive it.
Where is your SR cut off? What is an SR car?

Upvote 0
Hi my zs ev is showing 136 miles fully charged is this correct? It started life at 180miles and is getting lower as time goes on. It’s June 22 with only 2k on the clock. Only getting decent mileage when Driving like Miss Daisy at 50mph on Mway
Which settings?
163 miles is normal new state in standard/HVAC off
To compare please always use these settings.
I think your 180 miles was in Eco with HVAC off.

Upvote 0
I have an SR EV trophy, and love it , l have managed with sensible driving not ( brandshatch style ) to get 232 range on eco after a full charge. The days of rushing around constantly are long gone but l drive more carefully now and it shows in the range l get after a charge, obviously when driving on motorways one is not braking so much so you are not getting the regen back into the battery but l say plan your journeys and just enjoy the wonderful new technology we have all bought.

Upvote 0
In winter, not only does the battery capacity fall, but the heater will start becoming active. Taking about 8A, or 3.3kW, this can really affect range especially if in town traffic. In economy mode, it has lower power.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Well let’s hope our winter is not too cold, it may just be a case of more frequent charging for a few months but at about £1.49 per charge l am not complaining 😁 x
Expect between 20% to 30% drop in range in the Winter months.

£1.49 ! How much do you pay per kWh ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reset the 2nd trip after each charge, it should then show 198 miles in normal mode, 208 in eco mode, I thought there was something wrong with not charging correctly when I first got mine in March.
FdWhen fully charged check the figures before reset, if you are above those figures for regular runs your are doing well. Most of my driving is on the motorway to work, 44 mile round trip, I drive at 60mph, it quite hilly where I live so charge every 2 or 3 trips, it would be borderline for the 4th trip, currently averaging 170 to 180.

Upvote 0
People with an SR call it standard range.
People with an LR call SR a short range.

Aware of the distinction, but that's not what was said. "Any BEV" - "lived with SR BEVs" what is an SR BEV?

Not to mention the statement about driving an SR BEV at motorways speeds. Statement applies to any car regardless of range.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom