Miles/kWh

BeekeeperMG5

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
5.3!
IMG-20210416-WA0004.jpg

Gosh, that was quick, thanks. I'll try it in the morning before going anywhere. Last time I touched one of those arrow keys by mistake it went into a settings mode and I had to turn the car off and on again when I could stop in order to get the normal display back.

Today I had a run to the garden centre mix roads conditions 6/7 miles on M6 at around 60mph on the way back with 300 ltrs of compost in the boot big heavy bags roads mainly flat aircon for on a little while, using eco with kers 1&2 but with as much anticipation in driving style as possible but still keeping up with the traffic

1618613909166.jpeg

Last edited:
Here’s what I found: If you turn the heater off, it is set to go into cabin recirculation mode automatically. Turn that off, the passive ventilation will then work, there’s enough air coming into the cabin at moderate speed to avoid needing the use of HVAC. I use the heated seat to keep warm, which is plenty warm enough.

Today I had a run to the garden centre mix roads conditions 6/7 miles on M6 at around 60mph on the way back with 300 ltrs of compost in the boot big heavy bags roads mainly flat aircon for on a little while, using eco with kers 1&2 but with as much anticipation in driving style as possible but still keeping up with the traffic

View attachment 2876
5.0 is awesome. Keep it up.

Before the lockdown, I had a similar run in my Astra carrying heavy bags. At the end of year when I went for an MOT, we discovered a failed rear suspension.From then onwards, I made it a point to check the permitted unladen and gross vehicle weight for future trips.

5.0 is awesome. Keep it up.

Before the lockdown, I had a similar run in my Astra carrying heavy bags. At the end of year when I went for an MOT, we discovered a failed rear suspension.From then onwards, I made it a point to check the permitted unladen and gross vehicle weight for future trips.
Hi Leo yeh did that myself several years ago broke a rear spring on my Octavia it was at the time nowadays when doing anything like I did yesterday I all spread the load amuch as possible by dropping the rear seats to get as much as I can in the middle of the car rather than all in the boot area but 300 kg isn’t that much really as for the range it as gone up to 5.0 a couple of times with careful driving but seems to be averaging around 4.4/6 so not bad I find driving in Eco mode on kers1 is fine for me then when I know I am going to have to stop or slow right down I lift off as early as possible and flick it into Kers 2 when I can the Kers 3 I find to aggressive try to leave that alone unless going down a hill obviously all depending on the traffic around you
Even at these figures where the official figures of 214/276 come from Is beyond me this is careful driving and if you where to push the battery to give you all it’s useable power of about 48kw this would mean around 192 range at best but for me I’m working on 150/160 maybe less with Motorway work they don’t like constant speeds
Les

Hi Leo yeh did that myself several years ago broke a rear spring on my Octavia it was at the time nowadays when doing anything like I did yesterday I all spread the load amuch as possible by dropping the rear seats to get as much as I can in the middle of the car rather than all in the boot area but 300 kg isn’t that much really as for the range it as gone up to 5.0 a couple of times with careful driving but seems to be averaging around 4.4/6 so not bad I find driving in Eco mode on kers1 is fine for me then when I know I am going to have to stop or slow right down I lift off as early as possible and flick it into Kers 2 when I can the Kers 3 I find to aggressive try to leave that alone unless going down a hill obviously all depending on the traffic around you
Even at these figures where the official figures of 214/276 come from Is beyond me this is careful driving and if you where to push the battery to give you all it’s useable power of about 48kw this would mean around 192 range at best but for me I’m working on 150/160 maybe less with Motorway work they don’t like constant speeds
Les
z_fuel-economy-tests.jpg

Average speed of 28.9mph in 14.4miles will explain the WLTP figures.
I refer to ev database which is more accurate.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom