• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Mobility Scooter Lift by Autochair

ZSDave

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
For some time I have been lifting my mobility scooter into the boot of my ZS EV (Gen 1). This necessitates dismantling it and then it is a "snug fit". This is getting to be more difficult over time so I am intending to get a lift to make life easier.

I have been in communication with a firm called Autochair who manufacture lifts capable of lifting the scooter assembled into my car. I wonder if anyone on here has had such a device fitted and if so can you give an opinion of it.

Thanks for reading this.

Dave

I'm probably being a bit thick, so apologies up front Dave, but if your current scooter is a bit of a tight fit, how will you transport any lifting mechanism about as well?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Bonjour John (That's the limit of my French!)

Not being thick (or think) but with the scooter dismantled it fits in the boot, but a tight fit. If I get the lift I will need to have part of the back seat down and the scooter will have plenty of room and there will be some space in the boot as well.

At the moment, because of the struggle to get the scooter in and out of the car it actually stays in the boot, so I'm carting 53kg of scooter about whether I intend using it or not. With a lift, as it will be - hopefully - easier to load and unload I won't be carrying so much weight about. From what I have seen of the lift that I'm thinking of getting they take up very little space when not in use.

Cheers

Dave

Upvote 0
Bonjour John (That's the limit of my French!)

Not being thick (or think) but with the scooter dismantled it fits in the boot, but a tight fit. If I get the lift I will need to have part of the back seat down and the scooter will have plenty of room and there will be some space in the boot as well.

At the moment, because of the struggle to get the scooter in and out of the car it actually stays in the boot, so I'm carting 53kg of scooter about whether I intend using it or not. With a lift, as it will be - hopefully - easier to load and unload I won't be carrying so much weight about. From what I have seen of the lift that I'm thinking of getting they take up very little space when not in use.

Cheers

Dave
Oops, adjusted my spelling, ta!

Sounds very clever - 53 kgs is an awful lot to be lifting in/out of your car every time, so I can understand why you want to limit that. Hope it works out for you, sounds like it could be a good solution and perhaps even gain a few miles of range too.

Upvote 0
Well for the benefit of anyone interested, I have had the scooter lift fitted today and it looks to be a good design and it works as intended. It was fitted to the car on my drive and the fitter made a good tidy job of it.

I'm well pleased.

Dave
Hi Dave, which lift did you use? Dismantled, my wife scooter is also a tight fit, but with four adults plus small dog in the car that's the way it has to be if travelling with daughter plus husband.
With the lift fitted can you still use the back seats etc?

Upvote 0
Hi Dave, which lift did you use? Dismantled, my wife scooter is also a tight fit, but with four adults plus small dog in the car that's the way it has to be if travelling with daughter plus husband.
With the lift fitted can you still use the back seats etc?

The lift I have is an Autochair LC 80 but I do have to have part of the back seat folded down (the 2/3 part) so effectively the car is reduced to a 3 seater including the driver. Previously I could get the scooter (dismantled) in the boot but it was a very "snug" fit and I struggled with the weight.

Had I been able to fit a small trailer to the car I would have gone down that route, though of course that's not an option with a 1st gen ZS EV.

Dave

Upvote 0
Well for the benefit of anyone interested, I have had the scooter lift fitted today and it looks to be a good design and it works as intended. It was fitted to the car on my drive and the fitter made a good tidy job of it.

I'm well pleased.

Dave
Could you please advise who did for you and cost

Upvote 0
I have an MGZS and a 15kg disability electric scooter for my husband. I am looking to have a hoist put in my vehicle to assist me. Can anyone advise of supply and install preferably local area to Arnadale

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom