Mods for Efficiency

Dragonfly

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Has anyone considered what could be modded to improve the efficiency on the ZS?

Some things have been discussed before like tyre pressure, but what about changing the aerial, different body mouldings? tinting glass, to improve summer AC usage, or even replace the wing mirrors with cameras etc?

Anybody any thoughts?

You could take off one of the back wheels and move the remaining one into the center. Take the back seats out and do some serious work with a sledge hammer to narrow the rear. Apply some new body mouldings, preferably with solar panels . . . No, wait . . . that's an Aptera. :)

I guess weight reduction would be the easiest improvement.
Rear and front passenger seats out, change the bonnet for an aluminium or fibreglass one, get some lighter magnesium alloys, aluminium door skins, tinted plexiglass windows, take off the roof bars and sunroof on the Trophy/exclusive, a smaller 12v battery and go on a crash diet. ;)

Has anyone considered what could be modded to improve the efficiency on the ZS?

Some things have been discussed before like tyre pressure, but what about changing the aerial, different body mouldings? tinting glass, to improve summer AC usage, or even replace the wing mirrors with cameras etc?

Anybody any thoughts?
Rockets 👍🏻

Seriously though, empty the boot of anything you don't use or need. Carrying extra weight does impact efficiency. Also, thrid party spoilers on the back can have an impact. Jack on Fully Charged recently visited a wind tunnel and a spoiler made quite a difference.

Seriously though, empty the boot of anything you don't use or need. Carrying extra weight does impact efficiency. Also, thrid party spoilers on the back can have an impact. Jack on Fully Charged recently visited a wind tunnel and a spoiler made quite a difference.
Esp on the mg4 ! I followed a 72 one around Bradford ring road last week, clearly using ACC .... It was like a bleddy Xmas tree lightshow brake on brake off brake on off on off etc good job I'm not epileptic

Last edited:
We all know the mg4 with a spoiler has less range

Screenshot_20221201-212947.png
Screenshot_20221201-212901.png

Last edited:
Esp on the mg4 ! I followed a 72 one around Bradford ring road last week, clearly using ACC .... It was like a bleddy Xmas tree lightshow brake on brake off brake on off on off etc good job I'm not epileptic
Actually driving normally I've found that if I lift off the accelerator and let regen do its thing, the brake lights come on then. I've sometimes thought it must be annoying for the car behind..

Actually driving normally I've found that if I lift off the accelerator and let regen do its thing, the brake lights come on then. I've sometimes thought it must be annoying for the car behind..
Yeah there's a definite point when the brake lights do come on whilst regenerating - anything mild doesn't set em off IME.
You'd hope it was calculated from instant deceleration stats but I suspect they've found a cheaper way like a tilt switch or something naff 🤣

I presume the mg4 doesn't do regen on ACC either? So if it decides to slow it uses it's brakes hence the lightshow?

Last edited:
You could remove the Infotainment system, there's weight in that and it is annoying...

anyone else now picturing a fast and furious style ZS EV :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom