Motability supplied home charger

1MGEVUSER

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
I have ordered a MG ZS EV through Motability and they are include a free home charging power point.

Do any of you have had any of these fitted?

What are the choices of different types/brands offered?

Can any of them be used with a solar panel installation? I am considering having a solar system installed.

I have ordered a MG ZS EV through Motability and they are include a free home charging power point.

Do any of you have had any of these fitted?

What are the choices of different types/brands offered?

Can any of them be used with a solar panel installation? I am considering having a solar system installed.
I believe it different depending where you live the uk, In the Midlands I believe it BP Pulse home charger.

Last edited:
It depends on what area you live in we was given a ohme charger but they use bp pulse alot

PS. Motability man a dealer said it would be bp but it was ohme that contact us

Apparently solar compatible in the future but not right now you pretty much get what you're given with motability

I like the look as well not in your face as some
IMG_20220702_162458_edit_314807470426442.jpg

Don't think any of the Motability installers do solar integrated chargers. They use OHME, Podpoint, BP Pulse and Easee. They sent OHME to do my install but said I didn't want it because I wanted untethered and they only do tethered, thus they contacted me and I said what I needed and arranged with Easee instead. Currently awaiting installation but pleased it's an Easee One because it comes untethered but with a cable that you can lock in to make it tethered or remove to keep in car or in the house.

😅😅
Wow...

There is so much to know when getting an EV.

I want to be able to get the right one as to avoid later purchases and extra costs.

Now I am reading about V2H... Car and charger comparability and other battery needed... My head hurts! 😅😅

Don't think any of the Motability installers do solar integrated chargers. They use OHME, Podpoint, BP Pulse and Easee. They sent OHME to do my install but said I didn't want it because I wanted untethered and they only do tethered, thus they contacted me and I said what I needed and arranged with Easee instead. Currently awaiting installation but pleased it's an Easee One because it comes untethered but with a cable that you can lock in to make it tethered or remove to keep in car or in the house.
That one seems the obvious choice, having the best of both connectivity.

Can you specify the cable length required also?

One thing that you may want to know is ohme work with OVO for 5p all day charging and octopus intelligence for cheaper charging

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom