• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Multimedia Files on USB Device can not be shown ...

weiro

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Hi Guys,
next question ...
Can you play mp3 files, video (mp4) files or images on your mg hs ?
I am getting invalid media format messages, tried with different sticks and files are showing up on usb sticks in car ...

Thanks, Robert

I'm not sure if it helps, but in the ZS section, I posted a list of audio files that played in my car, and someone else posted a list of video files that played. Have you formatted the USB stick (FAT32)?

yes, usb stick is 16gb / fat32 - files are readable from the car system, but could not been listend, watched, displayed - getting an invalid media format not supported - files can be used in my girlfriend mg zs ev - but not in mg (e)hs ....

Hmmmmm. The only things I can think of is updating the satnav. I know that sounds odd, but when I did mine on my ZS, it changed the infotainment system - before I didn't have the video option, afterwards I did. Beware though, if your car is anything like the ZS you risk bricking the unit! The other thing is the bitrae of your mp3 files - have you tried experimenting with different rates? Or other audio formats like FLAC? Just clutching for ideas really...

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom