Mustn't Grumble 😊

If the new ZS EV is as good as I hope, I’m cancelling the Skoda and will order one. At least MG can tell you when it will most likely arrive…….

Speaking as someone who owned a Skoda until just over a month ago, and is only now getting back on solid food, I hope you have deep pockets. However, on the up side, it'll make you lots of new friends who you'll get to see regularly. Sadly, they'll all be folk at the local Skoda dealership, except one. That'll be your nearest psychiatrist.

I've thoroughly enjoyed driving a Mitsu Outlander phev for the last 6 years but now in the process of going bev and was initially attracted to the apparent value of MG ev cars.

Unfortunately, after only a couple of weeks participating in this forum I have reluctantly come to the conclusion that from a quality point of view these cars are junk.

Now homing in on a Ford Mustang Mach E....rather more expensive but more predictable quality and support.

Maybe it's true that the quality is remembered long after the price has been forgotten.
bye

don't feed the trolls

When Sandy Munroe lifted the bonnet of the Mach-E he said oh dear what a mess! Apparently there's over 100 parts and numerous rubber pipes on the HVAC whereas on the Tesla its a single part. Worse than anything he's seen, many parts that fail easy (see below)

View attachment 5456

versus Tesla

View attachment 5457

And even the Mg

View attachment 5458

That story repeats on many other aspects of the Mach-E making it an overly complex car that will fail often as it ages
In all fairness to Ford - Sandy Monroe hasn't seen a Tesla that he isn't completely in love with. I have watched quite a few of the shows he participated in and what he does in his vehicle tear downs - he is a very peculiar character, but first and foremost a salesman for his own services....... well, now he discovered YouTube and cant get enough of the adulation and praise he is heaped on by the equally jaded Tesla fanboy community. Like all Tesla fanboys, his conclusion is simple - do it like Tesla or wither - and he seems to be right - all Tesla needs is a rumor of a big order from a bankrupt car rental company and voila, the value of the company increases by a a few hundred Billion $$$ ;-)

In all fairness to Ford - Sandy Monroe hasn't seen a Tesla that he isn't completely in love with. I have watched quite a few of the shows he participated in and what he does in his vehicle tear downs - he is a very peculiar character, but first and foremost a salesman for his own services....... well, now he discovered YouTube and cant get enough of the adulation and praise he is heaped on by the equally jaded Tesla fanboy community. Like all Tesla fanboys, his conclusion is simple - do it like Tesla or wither - and he seems to be right - all Tesla needs is a rumor of a big order from a bankrupt car rental company and voila, the value of the company increases by a a few hundred Billion $$$ ;-)
Whilst what you say may be true, so are the facts Sandy has clearly pointed out!

I've thoroughly enjoyed driving a Mitsu Outlander phev for the last 6 years but now in the process of going bev and was initially attracted to the apparent value of MG ev cars but a lot of the comments on the forum relating to issues with them led me to believe that the cars were low quality.

Following a lot of research outside the forum and my test drive of a MG 5 impressed so unsure whether to wait for the facelift model in 2022 or jump on the facelift ZS EV bandwagon.

Edited.
Unbelievable !!!!!

Ignore him Headgas1 he's just trying to get a rise out of you, he's edited lots of his posts on this, as he knows he was wrong and in some cases just plain rude to some members.
let JimB enjoy his MG ZS which I believe he has now test driven, maybe even put a refundable deposit down, I don't know for sure.
Please lets let this thread die.

... still going through the battle between emotion and common sense, and as the dozens of hours of research get logged common sense is gaining the upper hand so Mustang has bolted and I'm still anchored here and going for MG 5 test drive tomorrow.

So how was the test drive ?

So how was the test drive ?
I was very impressed.

On first negotiating my way out of the crowded car park I thought the car at slow speed was much noisier than my Outlander (even on the rare occasions when the engine is running) but then it dawned on me that what I might be hearing was the noise generated to warn pedestrians and the like.

I found the drive to be very smooth and I felt relaxed in the car very quickly. Traffic was terrible but eventually found a clear bit with raised speed limit and gave it a shove in sport mode. SWMBO looked alarmed at the acceleration (I don't do that in the Outlander with 25 miles electric range, on a good day). I was very pleasantly surprised.

EDIT: I forgot......the only thing I didn't like was what I thought were pretty puny looking wiper blades, reminded me of the ones in my very first car, an Austin A35.

I've leaned more towards the 5 than the ZS, mainly because my radio model planes need a lot of room and a good loading area. But whilst in the showroom I measured the rear load areas of both to compare with the Outlander and was again surprised to find that there was actually very little difference between the 5 and the ZS and neither was all that much different to the Outlander.

So I've paid a refundable deposit on a ZS LR Trophy Connect in Battersea Blue with Luscombes in Leeds (who I bought the Outlander from). Unfortunately I made the mistake of starting my inquiry with Miles' company by sending them a part ex inquiry a few days ago but haven't heard anything back so should have just phoned the sales team I guess.

Will see the ZS late November / early December, have a test drive then make final decision re ZS v facelift 5.

Last edited:
Ignore him Headgas1 he's just trying to get a rise out of you, he's edited lots of his posts on this, as he knows he was wrong and in some cases just plain rude to some members.
let JimB enjoy his MG ZS which I believe he has now test driven, maybe even put a refundable deposit down, I don't know for sure.
Please lets let this thread die.
Yep your right I shall say no more 😡😡😁😁

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom