• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

My MG5 EV Sr from 2020 doesn't charge to 100%

FrenchGuillaume

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
, just reaching out to know if its happened to somebody else.
I always charge my car at home, except holidays.
Last Monday I went to a funeral in Scotland and I live in Yorkshire,
Cold weather and terrible range, I had to use a lot of cherger and rapid chargers on motorway,
Anyway for now 2 charging process my car just charge to only76% and 66% respectively.
I've got a Wallbox 7KW charger and I never had problem before. Any ideas before I call my garage
Thank-you in advance

Are those the maximum charge achieved on the Rapid chargers or on your home Wallbox? When did you last charge to 100% and allow the car to do a full balancing charge?

It was on Sunday night, before to go to Scotland but since using rapid and fast chargers, it never chargé fully

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230129_125411.jpg
    Screenshot_20230129_125411.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 51
Clearly something has gone wrong. What does your home charger report now if you view it when the charging stops?

I am trying now with my old granny charger to see if it can equalise the battery with the slow speed, just have to wait for 12.45 hours
Hopefully it will do the trick.
Will let you know tomorrow the outcome.

Clearly something has gone wrong. What does your home charger report now if you view it when the charging stops?
Charged all night with the granny charger and it works, this morning I had 100% and it had balanced all the batteries.
Just need to check the next time, with my wallbox charger if all work correctly.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom