• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MY22 rear speaker install

Stavros

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi.

I recently got my MY22 LR delivered in the lower trim level (“Comfort” here in Sweden).

Does anybody know if it’s possible to add rear speakers? I’ve searched and only found threads about the old model and engineering menu. Is there a similar menu for the new model?
Are there cables in the doors or do I need to wire them myself from the HU?

I can't categorically answer your question but it is very common to find wiring already in place for options that are only fitted to a higher spec model.

Thanks.

As I understand it, the old model did not have wiring already in place but I’ll take of the door cards and look. Will post the result here when I’m done.

Hi Stavros,

Do you have already a answer about wiring, engineeringsmode etc?
I would like also to add rear speakers in my new MGZSEV MY22 Comfort.

Thanks

Hi. I haven’t got around to take of the rear door cards yet. So I don’t know if there are any wires already in place.

No info about engineering mode - sorry.

I was thinking about adding some speakers in the rear too to my ZS Excite version but no idea how this engineering mode works or what to do with it 🙈

I haven’t found any info regarding engineering menu on the facelift model. I’ve decided to just crank up the volume and install better speakers in the front.

It’s mostly my kids in the back anyways and they don’t like my music - Pink Floyd.

Might do the same and get a decent sub under the seat
Did you do anything with your speakers?
I was planning to go outside this evening and take the doorcards off in the back and look for pre-installed speaker wires but I got sick instead.

So now I’m searching the interwebs for some info and upgrade options..

I didn't get anywhere with this. Having had the MG for a few months now I think my ears got used to suboptimal sound 😂. I can't decide though what is easiest / budget friendly / least faffy in terms of either trying to do rear speakers (requires engineering mode) or installing an underseat sub or just adding a bit of insulation in the door cards to stop a bit of rattling and hopefully that will just tighten the sound anyway ¯\(ツ)

Hope you get better soon, but if you get anywhere with this - let us know ☺️

I didn't get anywhere with this. Having had the MG for a few months now I think my ears got used to suboptimal sound 😂. I can't decide though what is easiest / budget friendly / least faffy in terms of either trying to do rear speakers (requires engineering mode) or installing an underseat sub or just adding a bit of insulation in the door cards to stop a bit of rattling and hopefully that will just tighten the sound anyway ¯\(ツ)

Hope you get better soon, but if you get anywhere with this - let us know ☺️
Hehe it was the same for me but after driving my wife’s Kia e-Niro with JBL factory upgrade I quickly remembered how nice it is with a okey sound system. One solution would be to just swap cars with here..

I’ll post here if a get around to do anything productive with my MG’s sound.

A different car is a solution 😂 but honestly the speakers ain't bad, I think they sound pretty clear for that level of a car it's just the bass is lacking imo.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom