• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Nathaniel Bridgend - MG Dealer Discussion, Opinions & Experiences

My new ZS EV was supplied by Nathaniel Cars Bridgend at the start of December 2020.
The delivery and handover were fine.
(It is on a personal lease scheme so I did not deal directly with this dealer).

Unfortunately the car went faulty 10 days later and will now be with my local Garage (Longbridge) until the end of January. Not an auspicious start.

The Longbridge garage completed the BMS updates as part of the unsuccessful repair process.
(They said the comfort 2 update will be chargeable).

I was somewhat disappointed that Nathaniel cars had supplied my new EV without completing updates that have been available since June/July. When contacted via my leasing company they said
" After speaking with our service manager about the updates your customer is talking about they are non-compulsory and unfortunately we do not carry out these updates free of charge."
The BMS / HV fuse updates are warranty items and therefore free of charge.

There was no sign of the AA card.

On the main MG website there is an article about Nathaniel cars winning an award.
"Nathan Griffiths, sales manager at Nathaniel Cars, commented: “Providing outstanding service and delighting customers are two of our key priorities.

I am not a delighted customer and in my opinion tor them to supply a new car without the warranty updates falls way short of providing an "outstanding service".

I cannot recommend this dealer.

My new ZS EV was supplied by Nathaniel Cars Bridgend at the start of December 2020.
The delivery and handover were fine.
(It is on a personal lease scheme so I did not deal directly with this dealer).

Unfortunately the car went faulty 10 days later and will now be with my local Garage (Longbridge) until the end of January. Not an auspicious start.

The Longbridge garage completed the BMS updates as part of the unsuccessful repair process.
(They said the comfort 2 update will be chargeable).

I was somewhat disappointed that Nathaniel cars had supplied my new EV without completing updates that have been available since June/July. When contacted via my leasing company they said
" After speaking with our service manager about the updates your customer is talking about they are non-compulsory and unfortunately we do not carry out these updates free of charge."
The BMS / HV fuse updates are warranty items and therefore free of charge.

There was no sign of the AA card.

On the main MG website there is an article about Nathaniel cars winning an award.
"Nathan Griffiths, sales manager at Nathaniel Cars, commented: “Providing outstanding service and delighting customers are two of our key priorities.

I am not a delighted customer and in my opinion tor them to supply a new car without the warranty updates falls way short of providing an "outstanding service".

I cannot recommend this dealer.
If thd car is faulty I am sure that you can reject it beforethe 30 days.
Transfer your PLS to another car.

Nathaniel MG in Bridgend is a great dealer, from test drive, to order and then collection the process was made easy by them and we were kept updated every step of the way. So far we’ve had no problems with the car so can’t comment on the after service but I’m sure we will be given a warm welcome.

Had my new ZS EV delivered from Nathaniel a few days ago, overall the experience was ok
Found it quite difficult to get hold of them to discuss anything, fine at the start but after I had paid my deposit (may be coincidence) took phone calls over several days to actually speak to someone that could help

Other than the lack of returning calls they were polite and efficient with paperwork and car was delivered fully charged and on time so all in all I’m happy

Ordered my New mg ZS EV in November from Nathaneils in Cardiff. Apart from me chasing up once and getting fobbed off I have not heard a thing.

They need to sort out their customer service, not impressed and would ot recommend them to anyone 🙄

Nathaniel's Bridgend are friendly enough and I want to be able to recommend them, but I can't.

Sales: When I was looking to buy they were knowledgeable, helpful and great at arranging test drives on the spot but the moment I left there was no communication or follow up to the questions I left with them (like, when is your demonstrator becoming available and how much do you want for it?). I ended up spending my £32K with an online broker instead.

Service: They denied the existence of a low mileage service schedule (it's on the MG website!) and the Tesla charger compatibility software update. Also wanted £50 more for a 1st year service than my next nearest dealer.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom