• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Nav Sat Update from Naviextras.com is not working

weiro

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Hi Guys,
did somebody update you sat nav maps to current version Q2-2020 ?
Just bought my car 3 days ago with old map material on it ...

Update is not working, I am getting errors in update process at 80 % - update files are not valid ...

tried different usb sticks - generated footprint - loaded updates from Naviextras.com - import/update from usb device begins but will be aborted ...
Usb stick is formatted well (16 GB, FAT32) ...

Any hints or tricks ?

Thanks, Robert

I think you're stuck with it as Naviextras no longer provide support for problems with updates. I tried mine recently (ZS EV) and it came up with errors too. I previously bricked mine during an update and luckily at the time Naviextras supplied some car-specific restore files. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Hi Guys,
did somebody update you sat nav maps to current version Q2-2020 ?

Update is not working, I am getting errors in update process at 80 % - update files are not valid ...

tried different usb sticks - generated footprint - loaded updates from Naviextras.com - import/update from usb device begins but will be aborted ...
Usb stick is formatted well (16 GB, FAT32) ...

Any hints or tricks ?

Thanks, Robert
Hi Robert
One month I have the same MG and although all your problems seem to be valid unfortunately, I never observed them, because I only use (Android) CarPlay for Sat-Nav and consequently Traffic info. Waze works fine for that for instance or Google? Much faster than the Tomtom? on board.

@weiro. I updated my sat nav from Naviextras.com a couple of days ago without any problems. What make USB stick are you using? I used a SanDisk Cruzer Blade 16GB. My previous Qashqai and V40 were very fussy about what make of USB sticks they would read so perhaps the MG is the same.

That's a shame, another theory gone. Is there anything at all on the sticks before you started like the encryption software that manufacturers sometimes use? If you send me a PM with your address I'm quite happy to send you the stick I used if you want to try it.

i will give up now - no chance to update - systems begins update an at 50 % I will get an reboot ...
should the dealer play with that ...

I just updated my infotainment system first try on joy with a 64gb usb 3 stick so I tried with a 32gb usb 2 stick and all went well

Attachments

• 971DABAF-90FB-4BD8-800F-212F0C1D3D6D.jpeg
    971DABAF-90FB-4BD8-800F-212F0C1D3D6D.jpeg
    252.9 KB · Views: 222
  • C109E55F-3EA2-480C-91BD-C976BFE91D46.jpeg
    C109E55F-3EA2-480C-91BD-C976BFE91D46.jpeg
    246.4 KB · Views: 207
yes of course, that worked - after downloading update - second start of updates will be rebooting at 50 % of update process ...

It really does seem hit and miss, doesn't it? When I was able to successfully update mine, using restore files from Navieextras, I used a particular USB drive which when I use now doesn't work. At some point I'll investigate further with other drives.

Hi Guys,
did somebody update your sat nav maps to the current version Q2-2020?

The update is not working, I am getting errors in the update process at 80 % - update files are not valid ...

tried different USB sticks - generated footprint - loaded updates from Naviextras.com - import/update from USB device begins but will be aborted ...
The USB stick is formatted well (16 GB, FAT32) ...

Any hints or tricks?

Thanks, Robert
Remember if it offers you more than one file you can only download one at a time once you have updated one file successfully format the stick and start again exactly as you did for the first file, not everyone is offered more than one file but often some are offered a firmware update and the system cant handle loading in two separate files.

Remember if it offers you more than one file you can only download one at a time once you have updated one file successfully format the stick and start again exactly as you did for the first file, not everyone is offered more than one file but often some are offered a firmware update and the system cant handle loading in two separate files.
man this is all getting to techie ! cant i just put my old A track in ?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom