Navigation ??

Lestrade

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
My claim to fame is that I am the owner of the first 'official dealer supplied' MG HS PHEV Exclusive Red Leather Interior to be sold here in Malta. I took delivery first week of August (2nd) this year and it is superb considering what you get for the money. Here in Malta, I qualified for a €9000 rebate off the purchase price as the car was PHEV and that here on Gozo I would only use electric as it is small island. Anyway.....

I have tried to find an answer relating to map updates. The answers are not forthcoming in all of my searches of Naviextras.

Are the maps updates in the Q4 2021 of the year as I have read somewhere but on the Navi website it shows Europe available as Q2 2021.?

My obvious reasoning here is that do I wait for the Q4 (now in) update (if that actually exists) or do I wait till Q2 next year 2022 to update?

I tried to find the version list but could find no mention of it. On my car system in the System Info section, I see "Qt Version v5.8.0.
and ' DAB Version: V2.92_R_20200805 MB-V05
Is this the latest as I find no reference to it except on my System screen?

If anyone can enlighten me it would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
Update from Naviexrtas.......they have an issue with a large number of HS PHEV new models.
I am in weekly discourse with them and as yet have not got a solution.

Upvote 0
I hope something is sorted with the navigation soon.
I normally use Google Maps via Apple Car Play but for some unknown reason, it wouldn't connect via my usual iPhone cable or the bluetooth device that I use (when it works) - and I had to use the inbuilt navigation system for a 250 mile drive. Fortuitously, the traffic was ok on the route as it was late at night.

Upvote 0
Well I just received an update email today from Naviextras asking for my patience prior to fix being rolled out. At least its on the way.

Upvote 0
Interesting. In the UK, Naviextras some time ago stopped supporting the satnav in gen1 ZS EV. I bricked mine during an update and at the time they were able to resolve it by mailing me some restore files but others have just hit a wall of silence. I hope they can sort yours out.

Upvote 0
Yes , I am sure the issue will be fixed as MG has only had the dealership here in Malta since July 2021 so all the cars brought in are latest models. They need to be able to show that issues like mine are solvable in order to increase customer base. When I get further news I will post to my original message. Cheers

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom