New car, New Charger

Srp111

Established Member
Reaction score
Morning all, I have just signed up for a new MG ZS EV, will be with me in 3 weeks time...In Black, Cant wait, couldnt refuse, top of range model and for £21,995 at MG Chorley in Burnley.

I am now looking for a home 7Kw charger, seen the Rolec and Pod point but cant seem to see any decent offers on now, missed them all by a month or two it seems
All seem to be aound £450 to £550 fitted.

Anyone know which is best and any good deals about please ?, I live in Rochdale area.

Morning all, I have just signed up for a new MG ZS EV, will be with me in 3 weeks time...In Black, Cant wait, couldnt refuse, top of range model and for £21,995 at MG Chorley in Burnley.

I am now looking for a home 7Kw charger, seen the Rolec and Pod point but cant seem to see any decent offers on now, missed them all by a month or two it seems
All seem to be aound £450 to £550 fitted.

Anyone know which is best and any good deals about please ?, I live in Rochdale area.
That’s it why don’t you just tell me again how little you paid...congratulations and welcome, I’m sure you’ll love it, just wish I could have got mine sooooo cheap.

That’s it why don’t you just tell me again how little you paid...congratulations and welcome, I’m sure you’ll love it, just wish I could have got mine sooooo cheap.
sorry pal, yes it was an offer too good to refuse.

Ha ha don’t be sorry you’ve got a great deal and a really good car; well that’s my opinion anyway, but that is a great deal and think off all the other money you’ll save compared to an ICE car on fuel...

I had a Rolec installed, but that was included within my deal...again I’m happy with mine, but now should still be a great time to get a good deal, happy hunting.
Have you downloaded Zap-Map yet and apps like Pod-Point etc.
There is a wealth of knowledge already on this forum and everyone is very helpful and so if you need help or advice the forum will help if possible.

I'm looking at Rolec too, they seem nice and neat better design than pod point, just need a good deal.
Done the zap map, cant wait.
Thanks for your help Mark. :)

They’ve been that price since the OLEV grant was reduced to £350 from £500 in April. Pod-Point are about the cheapest for a grant funded install. Considerably more reliable than Rolec too.

A cheaper option is to have a 32A Commando socket fitted (£dependant on who you get to do it) and then buy an Ohme cable (£199 if you’re an Octopus Energy customer, worth switching just for the saving)

Was / is there a problem with the main circuit breaker burning out with Rolec wall boxes? Usually after two years use.

Not heard of that....I hope not..., just checked the website to confirm that you get a 3 year warranty anyway...phew.....

YouTube channel called artisan electricial shows that this had happened a few times and he refuses to fit them any more

Last edited:
Not having one myself I couldn’t tell you what model of wall box it is but the guy does say it’s about two years old.

Not having one myself I couldn’t tell you what model of wall box it is but the guy does say it’s about two years old.
He also says how much things have moved on, also says Zapi are much easier to install.

Thanks guys, decisions decisions, heard a few horror stories about rolec, but they do look the nicest, May look at pod point then, dont fancy a commando socket.

Thanks guys, decisions decisions, heard a few horror stories about rolec, but they do look the nicest, May look at pod point then, dont fancy a commando socket.

If it’s nice looking you’re after you want EO. Bit more expensive still though.

My Pod Point was fitted less than two weeks after the dealer ordered it back in July. I just had to send them some pictures of the consumer unit and meter and the driveway to prove I had off road parking. I then had to fill in the grant forms they sent me online. Mine was a straightforward fitting and took the guy less than 3 hours.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom