• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

New (late 2021) ZS EV

Renewed MG ZS EV: new design, more range and faster charging

Another newcomer from MG to be launched this month, is the renewed MG ZS EV. It’s the thoroughly updated version of MG’s first model in mainland Europe that immediately attracted attention as the first truly affordable all-electric SUV in the B-segment. It’s not without reason that the ZS EV already pleased more than 15,000 customers in its first year of sales, with which the model reached top positions in the UK, Norway, Sweden, The Netherlands and France.

Still, MG engineers saw room for improvement to offer customers a longer range and ease of use. The renewed MG ZS EV is characterized by a modernized design, improved performance, a significantly longer range and even more technology.

The ZS EV will be offered with a choice of two trim levels (Comfort and Luxury) and two battery variants. The 70 kWh Long Range battery will be available right from the market launch, offering a range of 440 km (WLTP) compared to 263 km for the current ZS EV. At a later stage, a 50,3 kWh Standard Range battery with 320 km (WLTP) range will be available as well. In addition to the increased battery capacity, the new MG ZS EV can also charge faster. The Long Range version is equipped with an 11 kW 3-phase on-board as standard.

Furthermore, like the Marvel R Electric, every MG ZS EV is featured with the newly developed MG iSMART connectivity system, which also offers a connection through a smartphone app, with which various functions can be controlled remotely.

The renewed MG ZS EV will arrive at the European MG Brand Stores by the end of this month. Prices* start at € 30,990 for the Standard Range battery. The ZS EV with Long Range battery is available from € 34,990.

Attachments

• MG-ZS-EV-side-shot-static.jpg
    MG-ZS-EV-side-shot-static.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 318
  • MG-ZS-EV-rear-dynamic-driving-02.jpg
    MG-ZS-EV-rear-dynamic-driving-02.jpg
    297.2 KB · Views: 299
  • MG-ZS-EV-parked-side-shot.jpg
    MG-ZS-EV-parked-side-shot.jpg
    521.4 KB · Views: 299
  • MG-ZS-EV-front-shot.jpg
    MG-ZS-EV-front-shot.jpg
    448.4 KB · Views: 294
  • MG-ZS-EV-front-dynamic-driving-02.jpg
    MG-ZS-EV-front-dynamic-driving-02.jpg
    378.5 KB · Views: 298
  • MG-ZS-EV-front-dynamic-driving-01.jpg
    MG-ZS-EV-front-dynamic-driving-01.jpg
    312.2 KB · Views: 319
  • MG-ZS-EV-display.jpg
    MG-ZS-EV-display.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 311
So, let's talk UK prices....

"Prices* start at € 30,990 for the Standard Range battery. The ZS EV with Long Range battery is available from € 34,990."
"The ZS EV will be offered with a choice of two trim levels (Comfort and Luxury) and two battery variants."

Obviously they'll be quoting the prices for the Comfort rather than Luxury trim, most folk will want the Luxury trim (if it's anything like the current trim comparisons).

I do not know how prices convert from those official Euro quotes to the final price that we'd pay here in the UK after gov discount/vat etc etc.
Does anyone know what the official euro starting price is quoted for the current ZS EV, that would give a good indication of how to figure out what the actual new UK price would be?

In simple terms, currency conversion:
€ 30,990 = £26,353
€ 34,990 = £29,755

"Prices* start at € 30,990 for the Standard Range battery. The ZS EV with Long Range battery is available from € 34,990."
"The ZS EV will be offered with a choice of two trim levels (Comfort and Luxury) and two battery variants."

Obviously they'll be quoting the prices for the Comfort rather than Luxury trim, most folk will want the Luxury trim (if it's anything like the current trim comparisons).

I do not know how prices convert from those official Euro quotes to the final price that we'd pay here in the UK after gov discount/vat etc etc.
Does anyone know what the official euro starting price is quoted for the current ZS EV, that would give a good indication of how to figure out what the actual new UK price would be?

€ 30,990 = £26,353
€ 34,990 = £29,755
Starting prices though, what's the price for the top spec. with larger battery I wonder?

One of my main issues, apart from Range...was the fact that my wife never really 'bonded' with the MG...she does however like the Kia.....as we have had Kia's in the past.

That means that we can safely get rid of two cars and replace them with one.

More room in my garage for another old classic;)

One of my main issues, apart from Range...was the fact that my wife never really 'bonded' with the MG...she does however like the Kia.....as we have had Kia's in the past.

That means that we can safely get rid of two cars and replace them with one.

More room in my garage for another old classic;)
Not sure I follow, so are you saying you're going to buy a Kia, or the new MG because it now looks a bit more like a Kia?

What were they thinking with that front end, it looks really cheap being all one colour. The 2021 update version looks so much classier. And that charging door why why ? Bad move in my opinion.

What were they thinking with that front end, it looks really cheap being all one colour. The 2021 update version looks so much classier. And that charging door why why ? Bad move in my opinion.
It certainly doesn't have the style of the current front and grille, with its in your face chrome, and does look a bit "plasticky". But in fairness it makes more sense, the existing grille was a throw back to the Petrol car and never needed. I think we'll acclimatise and get used to it quickly.

I've moved on from SUV's, but this is a nice upgrade for the demographic, especially with the 72kWh battery.

I hope they've sorted out the Aircon, and got rid of the glitches and laggy operation, will be nice if they have.

€ 30,990 = £26,353
€ 34,990 = £29,755
Guess UK pricing to keep within the grant threshold?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom