MG4 New plates, mudflaps and a debadge.

pd2

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Christmas eve...... I have my own small tradition of washing all the cars and just take my time and let the wife watch Christmas movies on the telly.

The inlaws got there Aygo washed, then done our Mini Clubman and the MG4, my toy is already in the garage since last month due to salt etc.

Once the 4 was clean, I got to installing the the mudflaps from Aliexpress and the new plates (to remove the Arnold Clark name and green strip) I ordered that turned up today, so got to sticking them on too. While doing the rear plate I decided to remove the badges from the boot. To my eyes it looks cleaner but everyone is welcome to their own opinion 🙃

Debating wether to order the black MG cover badges for the front and rear (if we can access the rear one as its under the plastic light cover).

Ordered a couply of keyrings and a black Trophy badge from Ali aswell. Debating about putting in on the car or the toolbox lol.

Have a good one tomorrow folks!!!

Merry Christmas!!

Paul.

Attachments

• 20221224_172056.jpg
    20221224_172056.jpg
    911.8 KB · Views: 765
  • 20221224_172032.jpg
    20221224_172032.jpg
    763.6 KB · Views: 820
  • 20221224_172004.jpg
    20221224_172004.jpg
    550.7 KB · Views: 816
  • 20221224_193609.jpg
    20221224_193609.jpg
    423.1 KB · Views: 806
... well done Paul, brilliant - I have the same mudflaps (xmas present to myself - so got the elfs to wrap them, sent them to santa, and will be under the tree, if santa gets the correct address???) - were they easy to fit ??

... well done Paul, brilliant - I have the same mudflaps (xmas present to myself - so got the elfs to wrap them, sent them to santa, and will be under the tree, if santa gets the correct address???) - were they easy to fit ??
I have the same ones. Very easy to fit and square up the car quite nicely from behind.

Christmas eve...... I have my own small tradition of washing all the cars and just take my time and let the wife watch Christmas movies on the telly.

The inlaws got there Aygo washed, then done our Mini Clubman and the MG4, my toy is already in the garage since last month due to salt etc.

Once the 4 was clean, I got to installing the the mudflaps from Aliexpress and the new plates (to remove the Arnold Clark name and green strip) I ordered that turned up today, so got to sticking them on too. While doing the rear plate I decided to remove the badges from the boot. To my eyes it looks cleaner but everyone is welcome to their own opinion 🙃

Debating wether to order the black MG cover badges for the front and rear (if we can access the rear one as its under the plastic light cover).

Ordered a couply of keyrings and a black Trophy badge from Ali aswell. Debating about putting in on the car or the toolbox lol.

Merry Christmas!!

Paul.
If you don't mind me asking, how did you remove the boot badges?
Will probably do the same, makes it easier to polish

quote from ...

meicd

.... I'm sure they are fine, but from a 5 second look, (humble apologies, I need to do better!), but i did see that some of the fixings on the car were not standard metal screws, they looked like pop-out plastic - how did one remove these?

quote from ...

meicd

.... I'm sure they are fine, but from a 5 second look, (humble apologies, I need to do better!), but i did see that some of the fixings on the car were not standard metal screws, they looked like pop-out plastic - how did one remove these?
Pop out the centre and pull them out. New ones come with the mud flaps which are slightly longer.

Merry Christmas!!

Paul.
Great post and photo’s, off to Aliexpress to spend some money.

Mudflaps were a doddle to fit, used the existing screws and there are 2 pop out plastic rivets, 1 at the top of each front flap. As mentioned, you get 2 longer ones included.

Debadge, just heated them up with the wife’s hair dryer and pulled them off slowly. Pretty much all the glue came off with the badge. A small amount of polish removed the excess. The electric badge was a bit of a bugger just due to its length. I didn’t want to snap it as I’ll add it to the toolbox.

Photos are crap lol!!

It started to rain and got dark early, was wanting to get pics of the orange and yellow together if it stayed dry.

Attachments

• 20221224_172255.jpg
    20221224_172255.jpg
    562.9 KB · Views: 689
These are the ones I had left after fitting. You must have a different kit. The old ones may fit.

I had 2 of these, fitted perfectly.

Attachments

• CD80FB66-5821-417D-8E6B-8A4383920524.jpeg
    CD80FB66-5821-417D-8E6B-8A4383920524.jpeg
    46 KB · Views: 692
Thank you, like you I have started to buy items for the car and its months till delivery! A centre console storage box and fitted all weather mats plus considering the mud flaps.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 471 79.0%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 79 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.7%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back