MG4 New plates, mudflaps and a debadge.

Do the SE and Trophy back end differ here as I’m sure on my SE the rear badge is on the outside of the plastic.
Id say different - As my Trophy looks as if the badge is 'inside' the light cluster

Ive also ordered some mud guards - So thanks for the heads up re these 👌

Further to my earlier post, ordered via ebay on Christmas day and they arrived on 4th Jan. Very quick all the way from China with full tracking, better than some of the domestic delivery services!
Just need the car now, I thanked the seller and asked them to have a word with SAIC for me, but just sent me a smiling emoji and wished me a happy new year 😀

Yeah, the SE has the sold black spoiler with the lip and the badge on the outside. Trophy has the light bar shelf with the badge inside it. Pain!

Attachments

• 282DCD46-476C-4783-B4F9-53F5075ACED1.jpeg
    282DCD46-476C-4783-B4F9-53F5075ACED1.jpeg
    85.9 KB · Views: 408
  • 36BE2BEE-7FAE-4071-BE3D-9D5FF712EB7C.jpeg
    36BE2BEE-7FAE-4071-BE3D-9D5FF712EB7C.jpeg
    157.3 KB · Views: 256
Just arrived this morning from AliExpress.
Footy today so will fit tomorrow.
Also bought this little USB-C led downlight to light up the cup holder area, has several colours.
A63F8D58-E1E9-4C17-8A58-DD11CBFD3383_1_201_a.jpeg
IMG_5217.jpeg
IMG_5216.jpeg

Fitted today, they are a lot more shiney than in the pics.

Last edited:
I did. I fitted the front badge overlay with no issues with a tiny bit of clear silicon and 3m sticky pads which it came fitted with but the rear will need stripping down to access the badge inside the rear light unit. Will wait till it’s a good bit warmer before looking at that.
The badges are pretty good quality too.
Had any thoughts on how to access the rear badge? I’ve installed the front one in my black trophy and it looks ace and would love to cover the back one too - doesn’t seem like an obviously easy tear down.

Had any thoughts on how to access the rear badge? I’ve installed the front one in my black trophy and it looks ace and would love to cover the back one too - doesn’t seem like an obviously easy tear down.
Not had a chance to look to be honest with how cold its been lately.

Well...... these aren't very strong. No marks or scraps on the bottom edge, so no signs of it catching on anything. Heard a knocking noise on the motorway on the way home from work tonight, stopped when I came off the motorway to see this. its actuallyripped itself apart, the screws are still in place with the mud flap still attached.

Oh well, will need to order another set! 🤬😠😡

Attachments

• 20230119_000317.jpg
    20230119_000317.jpg
    669.3 KB · Views: 397
Well...... these aren't very strong. No marks or scraps on the bottom edge, so no signs of it catching on anything. Heard a knocking noise on the motorway on the way home from work tonight, stopped when I came off the motorway to see this. its actuallyripped itself apart, the screws are still in place with the mud flap still attached.

Oh well, will need to order another set! 🤬😠😡
Not good. At least it didn't damage the car.

Also bought this little USB-C led downlight to light up the cup holder area, has several colours.View attachment 14466View attachment 14501. View attachment 14502
Hi I have a set of these did you know that the grey is a protective cover peel it off stainless steel underneath shows mg4 and a nice edge.it is a bit of a pain to get off but it’s worth it.looks a lot better

Hi I have a set of these did you know that the grey is a protective cover peel it off stainless steel underneath shows mg4 and a nice edge.it is a bit of a pain to get off but it’s worth it.looks a lot better
Someone else told me this so I tried to remove one of the back ones. It was not like plastic strip to peel off. It was like scrapping paint and area I did remove looked no different to the steel part in finish? Have now ruined back one but as rarely used will have to live with it.

Yes it is a bit like that I just used edge of a hobby scalpel to start it off then had a bit to pull it off.

Good to see it on a black one . i have a black on order and was thinking of doing this.The one thing i hate about the MG is the naff silver badge . I wont bother though if the back one on a trophy is a pain. I will wait and see.

Also bought this little USB-C led downlight to light up the cup holder area, has several colours.View attachment 14466View attachment 14501. View attachment 14502
I have these ones too...Have you removed the protective film from the lettering (took a while to do) as the lettering on mine seems a lot shinier?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 470 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 79 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 45 7.6%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back