• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

New to MG

Billym44

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
I've just found and joined this forum as I have an MG HS Excite PHEV on order. The dealer rang on Friday and advised they had been informed the car will be with them this month. I have the home charge point (Hypervolt 2.0) already installed an waiting. I read a lot of good comments about the car, but also some negative ones (such as it moves itself back from EV to petrol mode). Just wondering what the overall view of any PHEV owners is? Thanks.

I've just found and joined this forum as I have an MG HS Excite PHEV on order. The dealer rang on Friday and advised they had been informed the car will be with them this month. I have the home charge point (Hypervolt 2.0) already installed an waiting. I read a lot of good comments about the car, but also some negative ones (such as it moves itself back from EV to petrol mode). Just wondering what the overall view of any PHEV owners is? Thanks.
Hi and welcome @Billym44 .
Just to let you know that there is dedicated page / threads on the MG HS PHEV on the site.
Owners of HS PHEVS will be better suited and only to happy to answer any of your question, I am sure ! ;).
The question you raise over the car switch back from EV to ICE has already been covered in fact.

I've just found and joined this forum as I have an MG HS Excite PHEV on order. The dealer rang on Friday and advised they had been informed the car will be with them this month. I have the home charge point (Hypervolt 2.0) already installed a waiting. I read a lot of good comments about the car, but also some negative ones (such as it moves itself back from EV to petrol mode). Just wondering what the overall view of any PHEV owners is? Thanks.
Hi
had my car over a year and still like the same the day I got it, sat nav works good but not has some bits missing so use Tom Tom using a cplay2air dongle which works well and do not need to plug the phone in.
you may have read about the power drop in EV but once you know about it you adjust your driving. I had a test drive of the MG4 nice car as I would like to go full EV, but I would miss the lights and power tail gate and sunroof on my car also the MG4 was lower to get in and out.

Hi and welcome @Billym44 .
Just to let you know that there is dedicated page / threads on the MG HS PHEV on the site.
Owners of HS PHEVS will be better suited and only to happy to answer any of your question, I am sure ! ;).
The question you raise over the car switch back from EV to ICE has already been covered in fact.
Sorry, I thought that's where I'd actually posted? :unsure:

18 months have passed since purchase, and almost 18,000 miles and this car still makes me smile.
OK, there were some minor inconveniences along the way...DAB module unit freezing, reversing sensor needed replacing, dropping out of EV but guess what... I still love this car and my favourite of all is the adaptive cruise control, panoramic roof and seats.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom