Newbie , Just ordered pre reg Pimlico Blue MG5 from Vic Youngs

Guzzigeezer

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi All
Just bitten the bullet and ordered a MG5 from Vic Youngs in South Shields (They made me an offer I couldn't refuse). Whilst perusing their website I came across a list of fixed prices for the annual/mileage servicing costs.
I may be missing something but the quoted prices are excactly the same for MG ICE and EV cars?
I thought one of the advantages of using Electric motion was less servicing required, at the very least oil and filter are not required. Can anybody enlighten me why this is the case?

On the MG website earlier today I got a quote of service 1: £95.99, service 2: £181.92, service 3: £95.99 and service 4: £192.71.

Is that the same as you have seen?

I bought my ZS EV from Vic's and noticed that the prices were the same for ICE and EV....it doesn't make sense.

I'm planning to contact them when the car is due for service for a quote and if they don't reduce the price to a more reasonable level then I will be using another dealer.

Below is the webpage for the service costs of all MG cars.
Every first service is £129.00. As most dealer garages charge around £45.00 for oil and filter change alone why are the EVs the same price? Even the HS hybrid costs the same and thats got an ICE and a battery.

Last edited:
On the MG website earlier today I got a quote of service 1: £95.99, service 2: £181.92, service 3: £95.99 and service 4: £192.71.

Is that the same as you have seen?
The above new service costs are another attraction for the EV, better than £600 a year for my Audi A6, I won't miss getting that bill this year. 1 Audi service pays for the lot.💷😁

Hi All
Just bitten the bullet and ordered a MG5 from Vic Youngs in South Shields (They made me an offer I couldn't refuse). Whilst perusing their website I came across a list of fixed prices for the annual/mileage servicing costs.
I may be missing something but the quoted prices are excactly the same for MG ICE and EV cars?
I thought one of the advantages of using Electric motion was less servicing required, at the very least oil and filter are not required. Can anybody enlighten me why this is the case?
Looking forward to the pictures, nice colour(y)

I bought my mg5 from Vic young at South Shields they told me the first service would cost £124 which in reality is a complete con because on the first service according to the mg website apart from plugging it into a computer they do nothing else and when you look at the service schedule up to 75000 mls there are only 4 things they do pollen filter,key batteries,brake fluid and coolant .
The way I see it this stinks of “just find something to overcharge the customer with” main dealers charge £100 per hour labour I know this to my cost I had a Toyota avensis that had to go to a Toyota main dealer and they charged me £100 just to put it on their computer it takes the computer less than 5 minutes to find if there are any problems but the customer gets charged £100 ,so all I can say is get ready to be ripped off,the sooner local garages get up to speed with ev’s the better until then the main dealers are going to have a very prosperous time

Our dealer quoted £75 (plus VAT I assume) for SWMBO's. That includes AA breakdown cover renewal.

Might be worth having a topic that lists prices and names the dealers so that a comparison can be done. A bit of competition is always good.

Ah so YOU got the blue one! 😄
I got the last Exclusive in white, amazing price 🙂
Vic Young offered me a monthly service plan (about £11 a month over 3 years) that covers services 1 2 3 & first MOT. I didn't think £400 for all that was too bad, but a comparison would indeed be useful.
Sadly living in Carlisle my nearest agents are in Preston, Durham and Newcastle so unless one opens locally I'm in for a yearly day out 🤨

Hi everyone it’s been a long time since I last was on the forum ,
I’ve been reading that people have been having problems when trying to charge their cars ie the cars (mg5) just freeze and people were saying they bought a fault reader any one know the best one to buy for the mg5. Cheers

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom