Newbie owner

East Coast Cruiser

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi guys and gals.
IMG-20220414-WA0000.jpg

Just joined the forum as employer has just bought me a MG5 EV LR for work use.

Don from East Yorks. Couldn't see a new members section to post in, sorry

Hi guys, thanks for the replies. Jomarkh, they have bought just this one at the mo, but may look to buy another for the other engineer.
We also have a Mazda MX30 as a pool car, which I really like driving..I prefer the speed limiting on that, much more reliable, and like the HUD, ( head up display) that it projects onto the screen, of your speed and the speed limit. Also like a Merc inside!

Mine is the exclusive, which I am glad they went for! The heated seats will be nice!
We couldn't get a white one, this is grey but we got an £1800 discount, on top of the other benefits discount we get for being an LA, so it was wrapped in white vinyl.
It's got the Chapter 8 chevrons on the rear.

Initially I love it. The stereo sounds crap, very boomy in the midrange on spoken voice, almost like a speaker is blown. The test drive one was similar. 🤔 Have the setting in rock at the mo, as I like bass!

Yes, ERYC are investing in many electric vehicles. We have some of the VW transporter minibuses that are EV. They are a good council. 👍

Hi guys, thanks for the replies. Jomarkh, they have bought just this one at the mo, but may look to buy another for the other engineer.
We also have a Mazda MX30 as a pool car, which I really like driving..I prefer the speed limiting on that, much more reliable, and like the HUD, ( head up display) that it projects onto the screen, of your speed and the speed limit. Also like a Merc inside!

Mine is the exclusive, which I am glad they went for! The heated seats will be nice!
We couldn't get a white one, this is grey but we got an £1800 discount, on top of the other benefits discount we get for being an LA, so it was wrapped in white vinyl.
It's got the Chapter 8 chevrons on the rear.

Initially I love it. The stereo sounds crap, very boomy in the midrange on spoken voice, almost like a speaker is blown. The test drive one was similar. 🤔 Have the setting in rock at the mo, as I like bass!

Yes, ERYC are investing in many electric vehicles. We have some of the VW transporter minibuses that are EV. They are a good council. 👍
Nice to see the MG5 getting some love from local authorities - I'm based in South Lanarkshire and council seem to mainly be using Renault Zoe - which is nice as there are loads of AC charge points installed :)

Think I use the Classical setting on stereo - but this review does comment on their preferred settings for single user

Ha ha, I mean the radio presenters, especially women.
I came from a Duster in which the stereo sounded excellent! Even the works Qashqui one sounded good before this one.
I will try the custom eq. 👍

DAB is the biggest con of the century. The bitrate of the Audio leaves no room for quality. They've chosen to shove in more stations and allow FM to exist, which also means coverage is poor.

BBC R1 is 128kb/s in London. But Absoloute 80s is 64kb/s

Your typical mp3 is 265kb/s these days with hq ones at 315.

I would highly recommend car play/Bluetooth over DAB if you like your audio. You can then turn off 'loud' and manaully adjust the eq. Loud has a tendency to make everything boomy. There's a thread in the mods and accessories forum about Inline subs that go under the seat if you like a bit of bass, this allows you to not blow out the mids to achieve it.

DAB is the biggest con of the century. The bitrate of the Audio leaves no room for quality. They've chosen to shove in more stations and allow FM to exist, which also means coverage is poor.

BBC R1 is 128kb/s in London. But Absoloute 80s is 64kb/s

Your typical mp3 is 265kb/s these days with hq ones at 315.

I would highly recommend car play/Bluetooth over DAB if you like your audio. You can then turn off 'loud' and manaully adjust the eq. Loud has a tendency to make everything boomy. There's a thread in the mods and accessories forum about Inline subs that go under the seat if you like a bit of bass, this allows you to not blow out the mids to achieve it.
Hi there. Yeah DAB is s bit hit and miss on my Yamaha receiver/ amp on my home stereo. The quality seems up and down and some audiophiles prefer FM still over it.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom