Northern MG - Bundoora - MG Dealer Discussion, Opinions & Experiences

Hi after receiving my NEW MG ZS EV Essence (Sept 2022) I took it home and gave it a 100 % look over. First off I love the car. BUT I was not happy to find the paint work above the rear number plate had not been fully painted from the factory, there was a rubber protection shield missing from the inside the left side of the electric engine bay. A few days later I went to the spare parts dept to order the mud flap kit and the Scuff plates that protect the door sills. The spare parts guy said I would be better off to order the sill plates off Ebay?? Less trouble to fit them? ( so I did ). The mud flap kit instructions were incorrect ..missing large screws.. but the instructions never states that your have to use the original mounting screws also with the kit supplied. I worked this out for myself. Also use a 3.3mm drill bit NOT the 4mm or its strips the plastic panel !! The other thing was the poor quality of the mud flap themselves, I using a "stanley" knife to trim the excess plastic on the edges to make them look better. I have travelled over 1400km's in 1 1/2 weeks and after using a 15amp / 240 charger .. my range has increased to 337km's. I couldn't book the car in on the 1,000km service as the service dept are flat out and it will be another 12 days before the service dept can view the car.

Attachments

• no paint.png
    no paint.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 98
Hey folks,
Any idea where I can find out about the import delays? I've had an extra 6 weeks tagged onto the delivery of my car and I'm hoping too avoid any more!!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom