Not charging fully

pinklady

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi there again
We charged our car a couple of times now but noticed this time said 100% but not full 273 miles long range is this a fault or something we are not doing right any ideas
Thanks

Just reset both trip counters and the GOM will say 273 again.
The GOM uses the trip counters to estimate the expected range. Now the weather is colder, your miles per KWh will have decreased so the GOM will estimate a new lower range. If you want the GOM to display the 273 range, just reset both trip counters (and turn off HVAC and have in N) but you will struggle to actually achieve the 273 range in this cold weather

I usually find that charging to 80% mark on our ZS EV LR returns a predicted range of around 212 miles on the GOM ( Guess-o-Meter ).
I did a rare full charge last Friday and the GOM reported a predicted range of 273 miles.
Both of these predictions could be seen in both the car and the App.
But there can be a 1 mile difference between what the car and the App reports.
This was with the HVAC completely turned off and both trip meters reset to zero, prior to carrying out the charging cycle.
This should then report the default ranges shown above.

Just reset both trip counters and the GOM will say 273 again.
The GOM uses the trip counters to estimate the expected range. Now the weather is colder, your miles per KWh will have decreased so the GOM will estimate a new lower range. If you want the GOM to display the 273 range, just reset both trip counters (and turn off HVAC and have in N) but you will struggle to actually achieve the 273 range in this cold weather
Hi thanks for the reply
Could you tell me where the trip counters are please,sorry this is very new to us and a lot to learn thank good Ness for this forum lol

Hi there again
We charged our car a couple of times now but noticed this time said 100% but not full 273 miles long range is this a fault or something we are not doing right any ideas
Thanks
Mine also said that it was 100% and then continued to charge for 20-30 minutes.

The app would say "100% - Charging complete at time (Current time +1 minute)"

The end time would increment 1 minute every minute until it finally said "Finished charging"

Pink lady
Right hand side of steering wheel long press the ok button to reset

Last edited:
Hi there again
Thanks
273 is not "full", 100% is full. Drive to the battery condition, not some context-free guess as to your possible range.

Mine also said that it was 100% and then continued to charge for 20-30 minutes.

The app would say "100% - Charging complete at time (Current time +1 minute)"

The end time would increment 1 minute every minute until it finally said "Finished charging"
It's balancing the charge level across all the cells in the pack.

Hi there again
Thanks
Did you have the heater on ?

It's balancing the charge level across all the cells in the pack.
I have been told that a few times, but my charger actually has a display, where i can see how many amps the car draws.

I was told that balancing would be done at about 500W, but that would be ~2A and the charger continued to say the same amount of Amps that it did before it reached 100% (Set to max 13A, but if memory serves, it actually dropped below 10A when it was very nearly full)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom