• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Octopus Go cheap electric tariff

AdamMGEV

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
I've recently changed my Electric and Gas to Octopus and Octopus Go. 5p per kWh for 4 hours overnight and 14p the rest of the time which is a huge reduction to my British Gas tariff. I looked at the different tracker rates they had but I like the fact I know its always cheap to charge my car for 4 hours overnight so I can schedule a charge.

Anyone else had good experiences with Octopus Energy and their different tariffs?

If you want to change (it seems so much cheaper) to them and not sure if this is allowed on this forum but you can use my referral link below and we both get £50 for switching :)

Octopus Energy

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure I've seen other members put their referral code onto their posts - there's going to be a bit of a battle between you all! I'm intending on switching when my energy plan is due to be renewed later this year, so it makes sense for me to use a member's code.

If there is a members meet up, I'll see who will bribe me with coffee and I will use their code! 🤣 🤣 🤣

Cheers

Bloggsy

I'm sure I've seen other members put their referral code onto their posts - there's going to be a bit of a battle between you all! I'm intending on switching when my energy plan is due to be renewed later this year, so it makes sense for me to use a member's code.

If there is a members meet up, I'll see who will bribe me with coffee and I will use their code! 🤣 🤣 🤣

Cheers

Bloggsy
Lol ye, we might as well use each others unless you have a friend already on it

I’ve heard people say they’ve run their cars foc based on referrals. I’ve never had anyone take mine up!

I looked into charging but they said they would put me on a normal tariff until they fit the smart meter. The normal tariff is a lot more expensive and I have no idea how long I will have to be on it as smart meter fitting seems to be vey slow these days with covid. How long was it for folks on here for it to be changed ?

I looked into charging but they said they would put me on a normal tariff until they fit the smart meter. The normal tariff is a lot more expensive and I have no idea how long I will have to be on it as smart meter fitting seems to be vey slow these days with covid. How long was it for folks on here for it to be changed ?
On the flexi tariff mine was cheaper for electric and gas compared with British gas. It took me about 2 weeks to get the smart meter fitted, which i was extremely surprised about. I guess it depends where you live, I'm in Liverpool.

Is this with Octopus? i initially went on a standrad tariff - they fitted my meter and switched me acroos in a about a Month. It does depend on your postcode I think.

Is this with Octopus? i initially went on a standrad tariff - they fitted my meter and switched me acroos in a about a Month. It does depend on your postcode I think.
Yes with Octopus. I switched to the flexi. Ordered a smart meter, got fitted and a week or so later I could switch to octopus go. Very cheap tariff now and the gas is still on flexi

It helps if you contact Octopus and tell them you own an electric vehicle and want to migrate to the GO tariff. I emailed their customer service and had a quick response with a link to book an appointment for a smart meter install.

Unfortunately my smart meter won't connect to the WAN and is subject to an inspection which has been ongoing for almost 4 months (most of which is due to Covid lockdown).

I got an invite for a go faster tariff with them. It is a range of three prices at different times in the evening. Octopus is the best energy supplier I have ever been with. I don’t hesitate recommending them. My referral code is in my signature.

I got an invite for a go faster tariff with them. It is a range of three prices at different times in the evening. Octopus is the best energy supplier I have ever been with. I don’t hesitate recommending them. My referral code is in my signature.
I’ve just used you reference for octopus. See if it works.

How long does it take to move to the Go tariff after signing up on the Flixi and what are the current rates as it maybe 5p off peak but peak seems to be 17p now and what about the gas?

How long does it take to move to the Go tariff after signing up on the Flixi and what are the current rates as it maybe 5p off peak but peak seems to be 17p now and what about the gas?
It took less than a Month for me. My rates are 00.30-04.30 5p/kwh outside that time 13.72p/kwh 🙂 you don’t have to take gas as well but I did 🙂

It only took me q couple of weeks to get the smart meter fitted and then another couple of weeks to move to octopus Go. I'm still on 5p 12.30 - 4.30am and 14p after that. I think it depends where you live on how much it costs and how fast you get it. I live in Liverpool

I already had a smart meter. Took me about 1 week from transferring to octopus to getting onto the go tariff.

I've started my switch to Octopus and have stuck my referral code into my signature, if anyone's interested?!! ;) I'll be dropping them an email next week to check how long it'll be before I can get onto the Go Tariff - I have a SMETS1 meter, so here's hoping they can read it.

Cheers

Bloggsy

I've started my switch to Octopus and have stuck my referral code into my signature, if anyone's interested?!! ;) I'll be dropping them an email next week to check how long it'll be before I can get onto the Go Tariff - I have a SMETS1 meter, so here's hoping they can read it.

Cheers

Bloggsy
Ye you'll need them to fit a new meter. One you are live with them you should be able to book one in. Personally as soon as I was like and active I could book it through their website and select a day. But you won't be able to until you're live with Octopus.

I was already with octopus and switched to go i get 12.93p 04.30 to 00.30 and 5p 00.30 to 04.30 with a standing charge of 25p a day i am happy with that the only thing is they how think my gas metre is a smart metre and give me readings every 30 minuets work that one out

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom