Official Plug In Car Grant (PICG) Thread

Miles Roberts CG

Prominent Member
MGEVs.com Sponsor
Reaction score
As mine is a leased car my leasing company advised that the grant is applied for on delivery.

I missed the higher grant amount because of this, despite ordering in September. Now I've missed any grant at all and my lease has got to go up 😔

As mine is a leased car my leasing company advised that the grant is applied for on delivery.

I missed the higher grant amount because of this, despite ordering in September. Now I've missed any grant at all and my lease has got to go up 😔
The grant should always be applied for at the point of order. I'd tell them to go take a running jump. That's no way to treat a customer.

The grant should always be applied for at the point of order. I'd tell them to go take a running jump. That's no way to treat a customer.
Agree Miles, it's out of my hands though as it's all handled via my employer so leasing company won't talk to me 😂 I'm still looking forward to getting the car and put this all down to life experience 🙂

Agree Miles, it's out of my hands though as it's all handled via my employer so leasing company won't talk to me 😂 I'm still looking forward to getting the car and put this all down to life experience 🙂
That's terrible. My employer would absolutely argue it - especially with you taking delivery shortly.

There's also apparently 48 hours grace to apply for the grant where the sale was agreed prior to today.

Ministers have closed the plug-in car grant, which offered drivers up to £1,500 off the cost of a new electric vehicle, claiming it is no longer needed to spur EV purchases.

The grant will close to new applicants on Tuesday, the Government has announced.

Sales of electric cars are soaring, with more than one in six new cars on the road now either battery electric or hybrid.

EV Grant Gov Doc

If you have an order in you should be fine.

661E1CB7-1BB0-4D25-B44A-3AF264876435.jpeg

Again mixed messages from the Government!

Monitored home charging next to get ready to increase tax on charging vehicles at home!

Monitored home charging next to get ready to increase tax on charging vehicles at home!

It'll never fly, there's no way to differentiate between someone charging an EV and Granny trying to keep warm. Road pricing on the other hand.

It'll never fly, there's no way to differentiate between someone charging an EV and Granny trying to keep warm. Road pricing on the other hand.
Don't know. They will find a way! Technology-wise you can monitor home EV charging away from normal domestic. The difficulty will be monitoring a 3 pin socket to charge the car.

From 1st of June new home charging points are supposed to served by a separate meter according to my leasing agent. Have heard colleagues mention this when getting their charging points fitted.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom