Ohme Home Pro Offer £499

Ozzie1989

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi all, first post but lurking for a few months. Awaiting an MG5 LR.

Looking at home chargers and was going for Hypervolt but have been quoted £900 for a 'standard' install by their local approved supplier.

I then stumbled across this offer, and wondered if anyone had a Ohme Home Pro and what it's like? I'd rather go for something that can handle smart tariffs for future proofing. Only downside to this is that the SIM is only covered for 3 years.

(Octopus Energy)

Any thoughts appreciated! Thanks 👍😊

I have the first OHME and did query that and was told either there will be a small charge or just renewed for free. I will have to wait and see🙄

Hi,

I was looking at this yesterday. Seems very good.

Useful review here:

From what I can see the SIM cost after 3 years is £9.99 for another 3 years, that could of course change by then.

It does support WiFi if you have that option.

When this was first announced, I was told they were only offering the £499 install price to south and south east area as that's where the fitting team were. I just tried again and was told I don't qualify for the offer but could still get an installation for £550, which still seems reasonable but I have been looking for a Hypervolt so still gather quotes for that...

Andy

I have an Ohme Home Pro which was installed via one of Ohme’s approved installers and although I have only had it for a few weeks I am very pleased with it. We switched to Octopus on 2 October and I am currently waiting for them to get our smart meter to talk to them, we then plan to switch to the “Go” tarif.

I have an Ohme Home Pro which was installed via one of Ohme’s approved installers and although I have only had it for a few weeks I am very pleased with it. We switched to Octopus on 2 October and I am currently waiting for them to get our smart meter to talk to them, we then plan to switch to the “Go” tarif.
Brilliant, thanks Mikeb 👍😊

So the plot thickens, after receiving a quote from their approved installer the total price for the Ohme Home Pro is £887!!!

It must be my area, because the install is really simple and no external cable is even required! So much for the £550 😔

I'm now looking at the Sync EV charger as that also supports Octopus tariffs and is available to buy from TLC Electricals so my local electrician can fit it for me.

Can't help but think these companies are making a packet of money from each install at these prices!

My Ohme Home Pro was installed by DEV Installations and cost £675. I don’t know where in Wales you are but the do cover South Wales so it may be worth giving them a call.

My Ohme Home Pro was installed by DEV Installations and cost £675. I don’t know where in Wales you are but the do cover South Wales so it may be worth giving them a call.
That's very helpful, thank you very much 👍😊

Just thought I'd write a quick update.

I've gone for the Sync EV at £600. Out of the many quotes I've had, Sync EV were the quickest to communicate with me, assign an installer, send the survey and then once complete the installer rang me to actually discuss the whole thing before giving me a date in 30 days time (secured for a week), a price on the phone and then seconds later via email. No hard sell either.

I challenged Hypervolt and Ohme on their prices and have yet to have a response, it's a shame because if their installers had been willing to discuss with me they'd have realised how easy the job was. Others I dismissed because of price or functions on the charger.

Hoping I've made the right choice, if there ever is one, but the app looks good and I've talked myself into the benefits of an untethered charger. Will update once installed!

I purchased a second hand Polar (British Gas) unit for £100 and wired it into my consumer unit, it's been totally reliable and charges my 5 in about 6-7 hours overnight, depending on how flat it is.
If I could get a tarrif with cheap charging after midnight then this would be no good as it has no timer, but Octopus Energy installed a smart meter and spent 6 weeks trying to connect to it and couldn't, so the Polar is doing the job.

Sounds good Johnny!

To be honest, I'm quite capable of doing the work myself (I have to oversee electricians and check standards etc. in work) however I'm not able to certify anything and, as it's a company vehicle, should anything go wrong I'd need to be covered unfortunately.

That's why I was so glad to find an installer who was willing to listen to what I wanted and talk things through at a level we both understood.

Glad it's working for you though! 👍😊

Had my pod point installed last week for £520 all in. It was a fairly simple install,
Issue I got is that I set the app to start at 12.30 to use octopus go and end at 4.30 but it seems to not stop at 4.30 no great shakes as I leave at 6 for work but why it don’t end at 4.30 I don’t know?

I got the Ohme cable commando plug for £199. Local electrician fitted the socket and it worked out cheaper than any other quote even with the OZEV grant taken into account! Very happy with it and works perfectly for overnight charging plus whatever needed as/when necessary

I got the Ohme cable commando plug for £199. Local electrician fitted the socket and it worked out cheaper than any other quote even with the OZEV grant taken into account! Very happy with it and works perfectly for overnight charging plus whatever needed as/when necessary
out of interest how much did the sparky charge for the commando socket? i would have guessed that at £300 (never found a sparky take a job for less than £250 :D) hence why the £499 all in installed seemed good to me, but more than happy to be wrong!

It was actually part of some other work so was just a question of running the SWA and connecting the commando socket and rotary isolator so wasn't charged (pun intended) as a stand alone job. Worked out around £250 for parts & labour I think + the charger. CU already had TT earth rod.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom