• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Ohme sweet Ohme

Wychall

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I had my new Ohme home charger installed today and now have a question for fellow Ohme-steaders. The charger is rated 32 Amps but is only charging at 27 Amps. The installer says it's because the settings need to be changed on the car. However, he couldn't say what settings as he wasn't au fait with MG's. Are there any settings on the car?
He also failed to install the earth rod that was quoted for. Might that affect the charge rate?
I've since found that there should be a local isolation switch to power cycle the charger in the event of an rcd trip. The only switch is hidden behind a built in fridge so it is definitely a sub-standard installation.

So what are your views on the low charge current?

I had my new Ohme home charger installed today and now have a question for fellow Ohme-steaders. The charger is rated 32 Amps but is only charging at 27 Amps. The installer says it's because the settings need to be changed on the car. However, he couldn't say what settings as he wasn't au fait with MG's. Are there any settings on the car?
He also failed to install the earth rod that was quoted for. Might that affect the charge rate?
I've since found that there should be a local isolation switch to power cycle the charger in the event of an rcd trip. The only switch is hidden behind a built in fridge so it is definitely a sub-standard installation.

So what are your views on the low charge current?
There are no settings within the car..

It depends where you're measuring the amps. There is no setting in the car to change the charging rate but it will respond to the EVSE changing the CP voltage. It could be that the voltage at your property is towards the higher end of the allowable range which would make the amps on the AC side lower to achieve the same wattage. My Zappi reports charging the MG5 at 7.2kW, I'm not sure if it shows the amps anywhere.

The onboard charger in the car is only 6.6kW, not 7 or 7.2.

Where are you seeing 27A?

What does the power reading on the bottom right of the Ohme display say when it’s charging?

The onboard charger in the car is only 6.6kW, not 7 or 7.2.

Where are you seeing 27A?

What does the power reading on the bottom right of the Ohme display say when it’s charging?

That's my answer! The power reading in the right hand corner shows 6.6kw, the figure in the centre of the display shows 26.8A. So all is fine.

Am I correct in saying that the Ohme lead has a sim card in it that lasts for 3 years. does anyone know how much it is to extend that?

Yes, that's correct re. SIM. I asked about this and there wasn't any information to be shared. It might be a nominal fee p.a., it might be extended without charge. I don't think they've decided yet!

Bought my ohme type 2 when wanted timed charging and considering moving from go to agile with octopus, used once but just been using normal charger after found out podpoint wall box had the timer function now.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom